We pissed her off and I'm not bothered by it.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We dropped W&C with their mom this evening. Last time they went over, it was for 4 days so they packed a bag, even though Neely objected to that. This time, she never spoke with me or Neely and never specifically asked for them to bring clothes, and they've spent the weekend with her before without packing a bag, so we didn't think anything of it really.

But see, she's living with a friend who is a single mom instead of her single friends who she was sponging off of previously, so she's back in mom mode instead of party girl mode and now it's totally a tragedy that the kids spend the entire weekend in the same clothes. Though that wasn't an issue for her when they were visiting us and living full time with her.

Anyway, I didn't get out of the car, but she questioned Neely about where their clothes were. He told her that she didn't mention clothes on the phone, so we assumed that she had finally gotten them stuff to keep at her house. Her response was "how can I do that, I don't have any money?" Neely responded with "I'm sure you'll figure something out".

I started to feel bad, but then I decided that I wasn't going to. She would have a houseful of clothes for them had she not abandoned all of their possessions when she left the last house where they lived with her or if she maybe used some of the money she spent on new tattoos recently to ya know, provide for her kids.
March 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Arachne
Jeez. Expect, expect, expect. Since when do new tattoos become more important than getting a couple sets of clothes for your kids, when you KNOW they're going to be coming over more often (maybe?).

We used to pack clothes to send with the kids when they saw their mother, and she complained about how "crappy" the clothes were... SHE IS THE ONE WHO PICKED THEM OUT. Not to mention... I don't trust her to send clothes back, so they get play clothes over there, and nothing exceptionally nice.
March 29th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to MistralRose
Wow! She sounds pretty identical to Dennis's ex! Could never afford to feed her kids or keep a stable roof over her head but has all the money (how, I don't know, she doesn't work) to get tattoos, piercings and weekend partying. Priorities!

Pity that motherhood doesn't come with brains and that those who are failures are allowed to have children!

I have often said that there is a rigorous application process for adopting a dog. They check your home, they see how your family interacts with prospective dog before allowing you adopt. But any person with functioning reproductive organs can just create a child. Sad. Very sad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search