Who has the kiddos on Mother's Day?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Is that in your custody agreement?

I think (I have to pull it out to be certain), that she's supposed to have them on Mother's Day. We have no plans really, but we're going to wait to see if she asks for it, though.

Oh and her phone is turned off again. Both her cell and the alternate number we had for her.
April 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Super Mommy
We switch up our time with her on mothers day. So I will pick her up at noon.
April 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Arachne
It's in the paperwork that she gets them every Mother's day, but because of the distance, it's not gonna happen. I doubt she'd pick them up that day if we lived closer.
April 14th, 2011, 04:17 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Nothing in writing that I can recall about that. Usually she's home with her mom that day. I would be highly pissed off if either of us had to spend that day on the road bringing her home. We don't live close and it's not fair to everyone else that he has to drive her home on such a day. That means he would miss out on time with me and his own mother. Plus some times his bday falls on mothers day and I get greedy with him on that day.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's why I'm hoping she doesn't ask, Liz. Last Mother's Day, I spent my day on the road waiting for her to spend an hour with them at the park. We ended up having McDonalds for lunch and it just was not fun for me. I didn't see my mom or my older kids. I'm not doing that again this year.
April 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yeah I don't blame you. I remember lil guys first Easter. He spent it driving her home. I was fuming.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
technically its her weekend but she doesn't want them that weekend so we have them all weekend! I get one on one time for a while on that friday (that's also the day we find out what we are having) and then we have them all weekend.

April 14th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; August 21st, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
April 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
With my ex we have it in our papers that I get mother's day and he gets father's day regardless of who's weekend it is. DH has sole custody and she has no official visitation. We let her get her whenever she wants and even encouraged the every other weekend thing when she suggested it. She didn't do it though. Sorry, thought I got all my frustration out in my other post.
April 15th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Before they moved out of state it was just an agreement between her and hubby that we would switch weekends for Mother's/Father's Days. Sometimes we just switched weekends and would do 2 in a row w/ and w/o both in May and June. Other times we had him once in May and 3 times in June. May of '09, I believe it was, we shared Mother's Day because she had something going on that weekend (work i think) so we had him per normal visitation but took him home early so she could have part of the day with him too.

Now that they've moved, it depends if he gets out of school for the year in time to get here before Father's Day. (his school gets out mid-June) Last year he was here in time for Father's Day but I haven't checked for this year.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search