How was your Mother's Day?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Do anything special? What did you get?
May 9th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Veteran
My Mother's Day wasn't great.

I have been fighting horribly with SO. Started Thursday night and lasted through Saturday. By Sunday, I was exhausted, hurt and very angry. He apologized (he was literally being HORRIBLE and lost his noodle - I am chalking it up to the stress of bed rest/sex restriction, but still upset over it).

Anyhow, he had a card for me and SD had picked out a couple of presents, which was nice. He cooked a nice dinner. But the hangover from the arguments pretty much ruined things for me.
May 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Arachne
Wasn't fantastic. Husband's kids fought constantly. Woke up to my husbands son banging on the wall. I'm burnt out, wore down, and tired. I made dinner. My husband made me a good smoothie in the morning, though... and... yeah.
May 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was ok. For the most part just another Sunday. Cleaning & laundry. Dh worked. But he did pick up some flowers & cards on his way home. Oh and made Molten Chocolate Lava cake! So it wasn't too bad.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
May 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I have my issues with it, mainly due to DH having to spend most of the day driving DSD home. And then DSD convinced my son to go for the ride so he was gone for most of the day too. I wanted to take them to the movies while we waited for DH to get back so we can go out to eat. Instead I spent the day home didn't go out till about 5 and I was starving but no one else was cuz they ate. SO they took me to KFC to get something to hold me over. Then we took the kids to the park and walked around for a bit then waiting for 2 hours to be seated to eat and everyone was cranky and tired, myself included. I should have just stayed home all day to be honest.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search