about me

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
My name is Traci and I'm mom to David ("Doc") who will be 3 in May. I have sole custody though he does see his bio dad. He chose about a year ago to call my fiance daddy. We're getting married this month hopefully, and we are expecting a baby in november (his first, my second).

My son's bio dad is angry that my son chooses to call my fiance daddy and tells me that I should be preventing that, but fiance has been in the role of daddy since my son was 1 yr old, while bio dad didn't want anything to do with him until he was about 20 months, and even now rarely does the visitations (his mom does).

My son is also very adamant that my fiance is DADDY and is HIS DADDY. He gets mad if I call him DJ, or anything but daddy when we're talking about Doc to fiance.

I'm just looking to talk to someone who maybe understands how to deal with this situation, and now with a new baby on the way I'm concerned that my son's bio dad will tell Doc that we wanted a new baby because we don't love him as much (that's the way he thinks).
April 4th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
My SO is not my boys bio dad, but they call him daddy. They consider him their Dad. But their real father, if you can call him that han't seen them in a year and has never had anything to do with him. I think that you should tell him that maybe if he would have been a Daddy to him.. or been there for him he wouldn't be calling someone else Dad. I don't see a problem in it if the actual father is not the father he should be. It doesn't take anything to be a father. It takes a whole lot to be a Daddy.

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search