do you notice

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
no longer participating on this board.

Last edited by AndreaRenee; May 23rd, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
May 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Veteran
I am pregnant - we do not have a child together yet.

But this is a real fear of mine. Especially since we're having a boy - and he's articulated previously that he is afraid of raising a boy.
May 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yes, totally. DH treats his daughter differently than he does our son and my daughter. His logic isn't biology though, it's because she doesn't "live" with us, therefore, she doesn't need to abide by the same rules.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Arachne
This was a very huge fear of mine when I was pregnant. Sometimes my husband will do something, or say something... that brings this fear back. Whether it's me reading into something he's saying, or I'm misinterpreting it, or if there really is implication in what he is saying... Though, there's no obvious difference.

There is one thing that screams this to me... but it's not something I'll get into here.
May 18th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband has never done this. He has always made the kids all abide by the same rules.

If anything it's me who treats my stepson differently (more lenient) because he doesn't live here and we only see him 3 or 4 times a year. I hate to say I'm a "Disneyland" stepparent, but I kinda am a little bit. What he wants to do, watch, eat, etc... is taken more into consideration cause he's visiting.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
May 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
We do not have a child together. But we do treat each others kids differently. I try to treat his daughter the same, but it tough.
May 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
removed.

Last edited by AndreaRenee; May 23rd, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
May 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
This is not an issue for us. I think I'm guilty of it more than he is. I think I show Daniel preference over his brothers, but it's not like just because they live here, they suddenly become children of my loins, kwim?
May 18th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My BF does seem to treat Olivia and Meyson differently, but I'm not sure if it's because Meyson is a boy and older or if it's because his parents don't live in the same household and he's trying to make up for that. Like he will make time to do something with just Meyson and him, but doesn't do that as much with Olivia.
May 19th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I think I'm guilty of it more than he is.
So glad I'm not the only one! LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
May 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you are experiencing that.

I'm lucky that my dh sees no difference & eventually adopted my dd. And to tell the truth since his dd's live 4 hours away, he's actually closer now with my/our kids than he is with them.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
May 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I don't think so but both of our kids live with us so maybe that's why. He and my son clicked right off the bat and have always been really close.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search