Things are much worse than we feared with my stepson

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
We found out last week that things are much worse than we feared with my step-son. His older Cousin (mid-20s) has been abusing him since his dad moved out.

We found this out when we took the kids out to eat and I got a steak knife out of the silverwear rack and he jumped up from the table panic stricken saying "please don't throw that at me, I promise I will be good." He was not misbehaving at all, but he is autistic. His dad was fixing his plate, so I cuddled him and asked him who was throwing knives at him and he told us his cousin throws knives at him for running in the house. I assured him we would never throw a knife at our house, we only use them for food and tools and calmed him down.

When we got him home, he told us the cousin punches him in his stomach and groin, hits him in the back and head, and pokes him in the eyes. This is a terrified little boy of his cousin and would most likely explain the drastic change in behavior in both houses.

TTC #3, Our first together

May 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would find a way to press charges against the cousin, call children services and the police. Tell them that for his safety you refuse to take him back there until there has been a full investigation and his safety is ensured.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
May 18th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princes2princesses View Post
I would find a way to press charges against the cousin, call children services and the police. Tell them that for his safety you refuse to take him back there until there has been a full investigation and his safety is ensured.
Absolutely right on.

My gosh, where does he see this cousin? At BM's?
May 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princes2princesses View Post
10000% agree!
May 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
10000% agree!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

May 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
His cousin lives with bio-mom. Its bio-moms nephew. DFCS has been involved because he told his counselor his story too.

TTC #3, Our first together

May 18th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Motherx3's Avatar <3
I would call social services, and sometimes they really can be a joke. Other solution is going to court and discussing the matter with a judge on how the abuse has not only effect his behavior but his fear of returning to that home. That is just plain awful!
May 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
File another report with CPS. Even if they are involved already, more needs to be done. I would even go to court to petition a judge for emergency temp custody until the issue can be resolved.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Super Mommy
oh my goodness im so sorry that's happening

May 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree file another report & go for custody. This poor child.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search