the ex

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
I have to be hospitalized in two weeks due to complications in my pregnancy and will be there for about 3 months...well that's assuming i carry to full term and full term in our case is 34 weeks. I took the initiative to tell her what's going in, figured it should come from me and i didn't want her to think i bailed or took off on the boys, even though I know 'hubby' would tell her, still I felt it should come from me. Anyways she told me she'd bring the boys by to visit anytime I wanted to see them, which suprised me and I thought was a very nice of her. I told him what she said and he didn't say much of anything but at first the boys are just going to come with him and we are going to talk to the hospital/nurses/doc whomever to see if for the first couple times I can be in a waiting room or somewhere maybe outside to see our boys because the hospital room will scare them I think. Well our oldest will understand what's going on but the Camden (2 yrs old) won't understand why mommy can't play (he calls me mommy) and why i'm stuck in the room etc. i thought i'd share my bit of good news.

May 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran
That's nice - how do you feel about it?
May 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
it's suprising but im just afraid all this is eventually going to come back and bite me later on..ya know? i've heard of and read of many situations where the ex's seem great and everyone is getting along but they are really being fake ya know? But it was nice of her to say to me.

May 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Arachne
I'm glad things seem to be going well... if you need someone to talk to in the Preemie department... there's a NICU board on here, and I've got an available ear. My son was a preemie.
May 19th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
thanks! i will definatley check that out!

May 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and go with it. You can't live life on what ifs and to turn it down now could seriously jeapardize your relationship with your step-children.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search