pllease a little advise help me how to deal with this

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok as you all know , we are a blended family.

BUT while family visiting from out of town said what i've been feeling.

has brought it to a HEAD.

But first , while Cori & i were in the bathroom rincing our hair (We die'd it,, we heard a crash) ,, your snowman took a headder i'll glue it....Cori's like i made this in 2nd grade ... NO SORRYS

any way since day one Glenn & I ...well more me then him FIGHT about the kids.... he spends SOOOO much time with Sydney ( his kid ) and when he has 2 seconds with Trisha ..his kid won't let him have time with her so she get's NO one on one time with him

i have mented it in the past even with his brother at x-mas ...she was off opening presents so Gregg started to play with trisha SHE STOPPED what she was doing & took comtrol of the game they were playing.. she does thiss with EVERYONE ..trys to do it with cori ,,but i ofcorse put a stop to it...

glenn was helping at one time...now that he stopped it back to it..

even candy ( who is man & wife & same kids not blended) said to the oldest to stop & let daddy have time with the youngest ...

so i know i'm not the only one to feel this way

i know that it's more the mother at birth and what not to take care of the kids and the fathers to stand back ( & i've been hearing this more & more ) that guys don't want anything to do with the kids till they are 2-3 ish & start playing bla bla ..... well you know what i'm done with that

i told him...ok i'm not gonna count after trisha goes to bed.. syd get 1-2 hrs with hiim alone....

but when she's awake if you spend 15 minutes with Sydney doing what you are doing & Trisha is BEGGING to sit with you BUT you don't want her to TOUCH the papers then you need to take 15 minutes with her Then you can have both girls play together with you

this fav..thing is out the window i tell you what i am about ready to take off...

any body have ANY suggestion,,, how do you do it....do the yougest have resentment b/c the father spends more time with one then the other...how do you stop this ....PLEASEE HELP

June 11th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
It sounds more to me that you resent the stepdaughter enough for everyone. If your child is not quite two, I would guess that she hardly even notices that daddy gives more attention to his daughter. It might just be because of the ages of the children or like I mentioned in your other thread on this topic, I wonder if your step-daughter has some issue with needing attention. Does she live with you full time? How often does she get attention from you that is not negative or corrective?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search