SS doesn't want to be at Dads house..

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please help me on this one..

My ss told his father tonight that he id not wnt to be over here and wanted to go back to Moms. It had something to do with a toy I believe, well thats all he said anyways. My husband went and took him back to his Moms. I am just wondering if this was the right decision? In the past we have told him that he is spending time at Dads house. Our parenting styles are so different and at his Moms its only him, here he has two other brothers. He is a very picky eater and we do not cater towards this and a lot of times he goes without meals because he refuses to eat what we cook. I am guessing he doesn't want to be here because of the food reason. Should we have let him go back to his moms?

He still has to come back here on Monday because I watch him over the summer, so he really doesn't get to get away from dads house..

~Marissa~

June 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If it came up because of a toy, then he's most likely using it to get back at his dad for not giving him the toy (or whatever it was) or trying to use it as a threat like "if I don't get the toy I want, then I don't want to stay here" or use it as sort of a low blow towards his dad because he's mad that he didn't get his way. Kids use what works to get their way and if he's the only child at his mom's house and used to getting his way, then he's going to be testing the two of you to try to get his way the same way he does in the other house.

So the answer to your question if it was the right decision, IMO, is no. If you take him back to his mom's every time that he doesn't get his way, then you're going to constantly be toting him back and forth. Just say something like "I understand you want to be at your mom's right now, but this is your time to be at our house".

Last edited by AMiner86; June 17th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search