she's back and demanding the most unreal things.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Motherx3's Avatar <3
My SS birth mom decided to return after being gone from his life for over 2 years, he is now 4.
He has been calling me mommy for the last year and half and now that she's back she is constantly pushing my name into his head and telling him not to call me mommy. When talking to her about it and explaining this is what he calls me and I wish it to continue she says '' Well you are Lindsey, not mommy its the truth so deal with it.'' ......I'm lossing my mind with this woman! She is telling dh and I that we shouldnt allow a snack before bed because it can cause bad dreams, dinosaurs are violent ect. It's absord, this woman can't even keep daily phone calls with ss let alone stay in his life longer then a few months before taking off! Dh wants to get full custody because it's not only affect ss behaviour, emotions ect it's also that she constantly causes problems for no reason....and I'm afaird i will have a assult charge soon if she keeps it up!

How do you deal with someone like this?!
June 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that you're dealing with such a mess of a bio mom. The first thing that I would do is hire an attorney and seek for full custody ASAP. Sounds to me like the BM is offering no kind of stability and is only causing more harm than good.

What is your custody order currently? Because I would limit BM's visitation and not let her just come into his life whenever she wants like a tornado and ruin any chance of stability this kid has got.
June 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
Yikes im sorry all that is going on. I agree I would hire an attorney and fight for full custody. KUP i hope things get better.

June 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I would hire an attorney or at least consult. It is definitely NOT in the best interest of the child to have that flighty of a parent.

EDD: September 5, 2014
June 25th, 2011, 10:00 AM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh I feel for you with the mommy issue. Our situation is very different, bio mom is very much around, but she refuses to let sd call me mom. It's actually in the divorce decree that nobody other than bm and bd can be called mom or dad or their synonms. What a joke. SD started calling me mommy on her own, but we are forced to have her call me by my name. I hate it. Sure, it feels good that she wants to call me mommy, but mostly I hate it because this is something she wants to do.

It's so annoying when parents demand outlandish things. I'm so sorry this is happening. You just need to keep your head up, know that you and DH are providing for your little one and pursue full custody. Do what is best for your kiddo, and things will work out.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
June 25th, 2011, 01:21 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How annoying!!! She sounds like my stepkids bm. They have lived with my husband full time since before I came into the picture over 6 years ago. She is very flighty and has disappeared for months to almost a year at a time. She tried being insane to deal with, but my dh just writes her nonsense off because he has sole custody and he can! LOL I also think you need to get an attorney!

She complained because we did not order school pics for her (like we should pay for pictures for her??). She complained because when she would see the kids she would keep their nice clothes we sent them in and return them in old stuff she had that did not fit. So I started sending them with her the same way they came and she wasn't happy when she was picking them up and had somewhere to go....she tried demanding we change them and dh said "nope you sent them in these clothes so they are good enough to get them back in!". She got upset when the kids began calling me mom (but she moved out of state and didn't even call for months!). And the list goes on. She is annoying and her flightiness hurts the kids more than anything.

I hate when parents treat their kids like toys they can take off the shelf and play with when its convenient for them and they think they can just put them back on the shelf after. I wonder where they got the idea that parenting is not a full time gig???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search