Ok. I need advice.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Am I just being hormonal?

I have all 3 younger kids home this week and ss17.
The younger are sd8 , bd5, and bs9.
I cook their meals and make them eat it. They don't get choices. I can't cater to all of them.

Ss17 keeps making his own meals. And opting not to eat what I've prepared.

The younger ones complained it's not fair.
I see why.
Is it fair of me to ask ss17 to eat what's been prepared for the others?
What bothers me is that I can't prepare meal size for just 3 small kids. So I have way too much food.
I don't know if I'm just being witchy or what.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Well they don't actually like the food he's eating. They just don't think it's fair that he gets to pick his food. And not to mention he always eats the most expensive food in the house that is actually bought for dh's no carb diet.
The 8 and 9 year old would do cereal, pbj, etc. BUT that's all they would end up eating. And I'm not for junk food and sugar. The reason I make them eat what I cook is for two reasons. I can't make various diff meals. And I want them to eat healthy.
It frustrates me that ss17 can't see that he's being unfair when the younger kids complain. He eats whatever he wants whenever he wants. And never worries about If there is enough left for others.
His dad is diabetic and on a no carb or low carb diet. The food is expensive for him. Now I feel like I'm paying for the both of them to be on an expensive diet when ss17 doesn't "have" to. He just chooses to eat what's purchased for dh.
Half the time dh gets Home and theirs not much left that he can eat. 2 and 3 trips to the grocery every week is getting old. And I can't afford it.
Ss17 is not a mature teenager. He's VERY immature for his age. I tend to treat him like the younger ones bc he acts like them. Except he gets different treatment for a teenager on things that count. And dh is no help w it. At all.
I think I'm going to make "off limit" shelves in the freezer fridge and pantry. And tell all of the kids those things are off limits to everyone except dh and I.
I will buy some of the same stuff for the other shelves. But at least then all of mine and dh's doesn't get eaten over night.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
That sucks. Maybe ask SS to eat what you have prepared a few times a week or just not to eat to much in front of the little ones? If he will eat what you prepare a few times at least that will save some of DH's food! I wish I could give better advice! Good luck!

EDD: September 5, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search