About to lose my temper :(

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Ok. SS17 is about to make me lose it. He will be 18 in august and he's worse than an infant.

Leaves the bag of marshmallows unzipped
Leaves the shower curtain included when he gets out even though I've asked repeatedly for him to close it bc it causes mildew to leave it open.
Leaves the toilet nasty
Leaves the propane ON on the grill after he uses it
Leaves the back door open after I told him a million times to make sure it closes
Leaves wet towels in his room after I asked a million times for him not to bc the get mildew.

I mean really???!!?? WHY should I have to tell a kid this dang old to do things over and over??!!??
At least an infant doesn't make adult size messes.
This kid is just not listening.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 29th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I can't really give any advice from the mothering standpoint because my kids are only 2 and 5, but from what I remember of being a teenager, at that age, there's a big rebellion factor. The more repetion I would hear about things, the more likely I was to defy them, especially if I was getting talked to like a small child. I'm not sure how you're speaking to your SS, but if you're talking to him like a 2 year old, then he's probably not going to be very receptive. Maybe try calming talking to him, more like he's another adult (in his eyes, he is).

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
June 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well he has complained to his dad that he wants to go stay with his uncle for a while again. Then when he gets tired of his uncles rules and house, he comes back home complaining about them. Never ending.
I've tried speaking to this kid every way possible.
I've even explained to him why I want certain things done or not done.
(even tho I strictly do NOT give explanation to the kids generally because I feel I'm adult and shouldn't have to explain myself to them)
He just doesn't understand.
He was raised in filth with his mom.
But he's OCD about his own stuff. Go figure.
He behaves like a child usually. In fact our 5,8, and 9 year old listen to and follow instruction way better than he does.
They all close the shower...

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a second I thought you were describing my husband! LOL

But have you tried giving an allowance and tying it to doing some chores that include cleaning the things that he seems to leave a mess?

I noticed with my ds and skids that they were all being messy, but when I started chores and allowance up a few months ago they have gotton a lot better! And now I am not a drill seargent chasing them around yelling out commands about cleaning up behind themselves anymore. Plus the money they make from cleaning up behind themselves is their fun money to go do things with friends (which I used to give them anyways for doing nothing). So its a total win win for me!

June 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
For a second I thought you were describing my husband! LOL
LOL Sounds a lot like my BF too. Sometimes the adults are worse than the kids!

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
June 30th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes. He has chores to do. And he gets $20 a week for them. Chores include dishwashing etc. And get this, he does his chores.
It's all the other stuff that he doesn't do.
Frankly he's been at my brother in laws for two days and it's been peaceful.
He doesn't like me telling things over and over. And he doesn't like it when I get ticked for him doing things I have to tell him he's messed up.
The stuff he does is hard to incorporate into chores.
Like leaving the top off the butter and leaving it out.
We have a fly problem right now. And leaves food out after using it.
Arg. I can feel my Bp going up as I type about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMiner86 View Post
LOL Sounds a lot like my BF too. Sometimes the adults are worse than the kids!
Ss17 is as bad as my dh. Which is exactly why I get so ticked about him being
Careless. I already have one adult male to clean up after. The difference is that I married him and expected to have to clean up after him. He works 12 or more hours a day. And provides for our family.
I can handle cleaning up after him.
I CAN'T handle cleaning up after another adult sized body making adult sized messes. An adult sized person who doesn't work. Is on summer vacation.
And only plays video games and watches tv all day. He's able bodied to do his own clean ups!
Not wearing a maid uniform and I too work daily!

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search