Ready to scream and toss in the towel

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I feel so bad for DH right now. BM has gotten married recently and everything has gone downhill for him since with his daughter. She has completely broken his heart. She does not want to come visit for weeks at a time, like she normally does every summer. We have every other week per court order, but to make it easier on everyone we usually do a few weeks together instead. Her excuse is that he stresses her out. How in the world can a 12 year old get stressed out by her father? Oh yeah I know, he actually does his parental job and disciplines her. She also doesn't want to go on vacation (Disney) with us because it's too close to when school starts. Then turned around and said mom didn't tell me to say that I feel that way. Ummm yeah sure!

I'm so sick and tired of her playing emotional and mind games with him. She a spoiled brat that refuses to take any responsibility for her own actions and her mother is an enabling fool that has successfully poisoned her against him.

He's partially at fault for all of this as well. For the longest time he refused to discipline her appropriately. His logic was that she didn't live with us and he didn't want to spend her visits disciplining her all the time. Which was/is literally ALL THE TIME! Instead of giving her consequences for her actions when she was younger, he would just sit her down and talk to her. Normally, that would work. But with her it never has. You can talk till you're blue in the face but it will always go in one ear and out the other. She thinks everyone else is wrong, no matter if you're an adult, and she is always right. She has and has always had behavioral issues. Yet everyone turns a blind eye to them. I'm truly sick of it all! So now that he actually disciplines her properly, he stresses her out?! Oh please!

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy

So sorry that you and DH are dealing with this.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
July 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Super Mommy
Hugs. Sorry you are dealing with all this.

SO is the bad parent too, because he does the discipline. When we do something she doesn't like she runs to her mother and BM says don't you think you are a little harsh! Ummm taking a cell phone away from a 16 year old is not harsh!
July 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Uggghh! We've dealt with this with Dh's oldest. I know your pain.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Its certainly not easy being a blended family sometimes..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search