Catch up

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 06:53 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
So ladies catch us up on the latest going on in life.

For us things are really relaxing. My kids are with my mom and my dsd changed her mind about her visit with us. Truthfully, DH had to force the weekend visit but once she got down here she decided to stay the week. Which kinda killed my final kid free week but DH sent her to his moms for the week since we have no one to stay with her while we work. Also, she wanted to spend time with her cousins. So I still kinda got my kid free final week.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just got back from our vacation. Lots of driving so very tired. Our 1st day out, my neighbor texted me that the tree in my yard dropped a giant branch in her yard - demolishing their wooden swingset. So it's been stressful & looking like 13 years of friendly neighbor relations might be coming to an end.

Vacation was good despite the neighbor bugging me with texts the entire time & having to deal with my crazy extended family.

Then we were home for 1 day and travelled 4 hours to see dh's oldest dd in a play & then travel 4 hours back the next day. The play was pretty good. His dd did well. She's the one we've had major issues with & who I haven't spoken with in almost 3 years. She has lots of issues. But extended an olive branch so had to go. Only saw her for 3 seconds where she quickly said "Thanks for coming" and I said "Thanks for inviting us" (meaning my 2 kids & me)

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Ouch Kris. Sorry about the branch and the relationship going sour because of it. It sucks that neighbors would even let something like an act of nature ruin a civil relationship.

I guess it's a good thing that your interaction with your step daughter was minimal. It makes things look good for you guys. She extended an olive branch you accepted and it went smoothly. That's always a good thing.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 19th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even a kid-free day sounds so nice right now, I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself if I had a whole week!

Kris, glad to hear that the play went well, but that really sucks about your neighbor. What a petty thing to get mad and ruin a friendship about, especially since it's not your fault!

We just confirmed today that Eric, both kids and I are going to be taking a mini vacation to his brother's house to visit with him and his family in PA. Pretty excited about it, his brother and SIL are both really nice and there will be tons of kids for our LO's to play with which is always a plus. And I guess Eric's SIL is already planning lots of stuff for us to do while we're there.

Also, as far as current excitement goes, we're in our first cycle of TTC. I've been feeling some possible preggo symptoms this past week, but can't really test til the 24th so it's a waiting game right now. Pretty nervous and excited all at the same time since our last pregnany ended with a m/c.

Our other bit of excitement isn't really in the near future, but we decided to get married and are planning a wedding around July/Aug 2013.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
July 20th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Ohhh TTC how exciting. We're officially NTNP so let's see how it goes for us. I hope your first cycle works. If it wasn't for working, I don't know how I would handle no kids for weeks either. Honestly, I probably would have gone with them instead. lol I hope you guys enjoy the mini vacation. I love being able to get away, even if its for a small amount of time.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMiner86 View Post
Even a kid-free day sounds so nice right now, I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself if I had a whole week!

Kris, glad to hear that the play went well, but that really sucks about your neighbor. What a petty thing to get mad and ruin a friendship about, especially since it's not your fault!

We just confirmed today that Eric, both kids and I are going to be taking a mini vacation to his brother's house to visit with him and his family in PA. Pretty excited about it, his brother and SIL are both really nice and there will be tons of kids for our LO's to play with which is always a plus. And I guess Eric's SIL is already planning lots of stuff for us to do while we're there.

Also, as far as current excitement goes, we're in our first cycle of TTC. I've been feeling some possible preggo symptoms this past week, but can't really test til the 24th so it's a waiting game right now. Pretty nervous and excited all at the same time since our last pregnany ended with a m/c.

Our other bit of excitement isn't really in the near future, but we decided to get married and are planning a wedding around July/Aug 2013.
Wow that's a lot going on! Your mini vacation sounds fun!

Congrats on deciding to get married! Way cool! And good luck on the ttc. I hope your pregnant!

July 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Oh boy how did I miss the wedding part? Congrats!

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks guys! Even though I planned to wait, I went ahead and bought one pack of the early response HPTs, but in my defense, it was originally a pack of 2 but had a bonus test so I actually got a pretty good deal. Might take one first thing in the morning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Oh boy how did I miss the wedding part? Congrats!
I probably would've done the same thing.

Right now I'm barely even making wedding plans because I'm more wrapped up in TTC and babies are more on the brain so that's what I tend to focus on. Plus, I have 2 years to plan, so I've got time.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
July 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Super Mommy
With recent events I have been having to stay away from just mommies almost completely until I feel I can come back but i'll recap real quick:

Brian and I are now engaged, I asked him two days after our son Kristopher was born 3 months early, sadly our angel grew wings and passed away on July 4th, just 5 days after he was born. The kids' mom (corbin is 10 and camden is 2, they are his from a previous relationship; kristopher was my first baby) is being amazing through all of this. She is letting us have the boys whenever and for however long we want them (she has them full time, we normally get them every other weekend) until corbin goes back to school. She checks on me every so often to see how I'm doing/feeling, it's wierd still to be getting along so well with my hubby's ex but really I'm not complaining. Corbin has been very quiet about the loss, he didn't say anything when we told him, his mom text us the other day and said he had a rough night and cried himself to sleep basically but isn't ready to talk about it just yet. So that's basically my update.

July 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bowlingbabe6

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you & your df. You are all in my prayers.

I'm so glad the bio mom is being supportive and letting you spend extra time with the boys.

July 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I will keep everyone in my thoughts.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search