Post Weekend Wrap-Up

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
So how was everyone's weekend?

We drove to my moms this weekend and picked up the kids. Then had a movie night last night to end the weekend.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 25th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ours was ok. Went to the zoo Friday, I worked the church's booth at the fair on Saturday, church on Sunday. I also got to meet my friend's new baby Sunday.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
July 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Was it terribly hot during the church functions? The heat has been killer for me.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I laid out in the pool most of Saturday. SS17 helped me get the light buld changed in the pool so we can go night swimming now and it's pretty.
I took SS17 to target to get items for hhis trip to Texas.
I had an awkward moment as I realized that even though I "think" his friends mom is going to supervise them all the time, I know teenagers will be teenagers, and SS17's Texas trip is to see his girlfriend. So I got concerned they might somehow find a way to have sex even though they are supervised.
I basically walked him past the condom aisle and told him I didnt want to discuss anything with him but that he needed to go pick out some condoms and put them in the basket and not to do anything stupid in texas.
That was the most awkward convo i've ever had.
Sunday DH drove him to the airport and we spent the rest of the evening together.
Oh and DH and I went to eat at a place abt 30 minutes from the house.
We got done and realized we BOTH left our wallet at home. I had to drive home and get them. LOL.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh had to work both Sat & Sun so I tried to clean while watching all 3 kids - my 2 & my dsd.

Then we spent a few hours cutting down the large branch of our tree that fell on the neighbor's swingset and was balanced precariously over our fence. Very nerve racking to have 5 non professional tree cutters work out the process. But thanks to great advice from my dad (who's 8 hours away), intelligence of our team and hard work, we manage to get it removed without any injuries or breaking the fence.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Last edited by My2miracles; July 25th, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
July 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I can only imagine how awkward that convo must have felt. I don't know how I'll be able to handle it when T and Doni get there.

Kris, I'm glad you were able to take care of the fallen tree branch. How have the neighbors been since?

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 25th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for asking Liz. I think it's all ok. I think she just was freaked out about the whole thing and of course I was too. Seems it's all settled down now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Oh good, I'm glad things smoothed over.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Was it terribly hot during the church functions? The heat has been killer for me.
Oh my goodness yes! At least when I first got there (was smart enough to sign up for the 7-9pm shift). Luckily it was in one of the buildings instead of out in the sun, though. Between that and the fans they had going I was ok.

July 26th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Oh that's good. At least you weren't too hot.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kris, glad to hear that things are going better with your neighbors. I know all too well how bad it can be to not get along with your neighbors.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. Most of the weekend was spent fighting with Meyson over his tantrums and it finally got to the point that his room was stripped of everything fun and he spent most of the weekend in there. Although I felt like the stepmonster from hell being so harsh, the past two days I've had a completely different kid in my house, one that listens to what they're told, doesn't fight or whine about it and most importantly one that doesn't throw tantrums every five minutes!

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
July 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hey sometimes we have to play evil step mom. Yesterday, I found DSD on facebook. Mind you she's only 12. I asked her about her fb page, she admitted to having one and admitted to her mom not knowing about it. I told her that she needs to be 13 in order to have a page without parental permission. She said she didn't know and she would delete it. I told DH and told him to let BM know. I don't trust that she will actually delete it. The only good thing is that her page is private so no one can see anything. But still my 15 year old doesn't have FB and I feel a 12 year old shouldn't either. I totally plan on following up with this one too. There are way too many predators out there for me to just drop it. Now if her mom says she can have one, then I wash my hands and let them deal with the problems.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely agree with you about FB and feel the same about any of the social networking sites. They have age restrictions for a reason and there are way too many sick people out there! Hopefully her mom is on board too and will help you guys moniter her.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
July 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also agree about facebook. What kills me is that there are so many parents who set up accounts for their under 13. I know someone who set her 8 yr old up with an account! I mean WHAT are they thinking?! Private or not, can still cause problems because the maturity level is just not there to discern on their own what can and cannot be done. I'm not all together sure how I feel about 13 y/o being the allowed age. Munchkin has one and up until she moved in with me, she had people on her friend list that she didn't know at all! The 2nd day she lived here, she and I cleaned out her list as well as the pages she'd "liked". Now that she's gone, I still feel that maternal feeling of wanting to protect her but can't. She's back to adding craziness. (her stepmom even posted a picture of her from the back with no shirt on just a towel covering her front!!!!! i reported it, but it's still there)

July 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I'll keep and eye on her page and see what happens to it. I'll also ask DH later if he told her mom or not. I've never personally spoken to BM about DSD, but I feel strongly about this one that I would make that call with no problem. I don't like 13 being the legal age either. T who can legally create a fb page, doesn't because she respects my wishes of her not having one. I even asked her this weekend if she created one because now she has a blackberry that's not on my plan so I can't monitor it the way I used to. She said nope, she's still not interested. I was so happy to hear that one.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search