ME again *rolleyes!!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I feel like I have been posting her for weeks now and completely taken over your board!!!!

So its 12.39 am and SO daughter who is sharing a room with our 1 yr old is singing herself to sleep.. she does this often, and I am always asking her nicely to stop.. well its been going on since 10.30.. its woken up our 1 yr old who is teething and we have had them both crying now..

NOW SO is in bed fast asleep not waking up, I am not able to sleep bc all I am hearing is his daughter singing on the intercom.. yeah, cute during the day, not so cute at 12.30 when finally my sick baby is sleeping and I cant sleep bc I cant turn off my intercom in case they need me, like REALLY need me..

I have been up there 4 times already and all she is doing is rocking back and forth and moaning.. not even singing, she is not sick, just likes to make noise as she sleeps..

ITS KEEPING ME UP!!! And I need sleep.... Okay, rant over.... But really its not fair to our 1 yr old or to me who cant sleep through it.. SO could sleep through a tornado... I am frustrated

What should I do??? And he wont wake up... he just said.. "let her sing, thats how she gets herself to sleep".. WHA???? So who cares if anyone else sleeps...
July 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
I feel like I have been posting her for weeks now and completely taken over your board!!!!
Don't worry about it! Better to have a place to let it out than keep it bottled up and explode.

Have you thought about putting a cd player in the room and playing quiet songs? That would give her something to sing along with and you'd hear the CD not her. Since you don't hear her, you don't keep going checking. However it'd be low enough that if something was REALLY wrong, you'd know it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
July 28th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

I know your pain. I was up until 12am last night & had to get up at 6am to go to work. - Because my 12 year old sd - yes 12 is afraid of thunderstorms & kept waking up my 9 year dd - yes 9 for comfort Finally my dd got so tired she hauled all of her stuff into my ds room where I was sleeping with ds with dsd behind her and we all camped out. Dsd continued to huff & puff for long after my kids were asleep.

Turns out dsd has been waking dd up several times a night for the past 2 weeks with "what's that noise?" Including every morning at 4am when her dad gets to go to work - up duh it's your dad!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread but I'm so tired & frustrated right now. Atleast now I know why dd has been melting at the drop of a hat. She absolutely can not go without sleep.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
*hugs* That has to be hard on you and your LO. I'm sorry it's hard to sleep. I wish I had advice for this one but I don't.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I will probably sound like the wicked witch of the west, but i'd put miss american idol in a room somewhere alone to sleep. She's 3 right? I think she's old enough to understand the word NO. It's not cute when its behavior that is disrupting several other people's sleep. If DH doesn't like putting her by herself possibly he should go sleep with her?

I would do the same thing to my DD5 if she were doing that when she was that age.

Actually when she was that age, I lived with a friend of mine who had a daughter that was a year old. DD5 liked to have a light on but roomies daughter couldnt sleep like that.
We improvised with a small toy i think something like those lightning bug toys. it had a small light on it with no noise. Other than that, they both knew they had better lay down, be quiet, and go to sleep. No exceptions. We had an intercom too but it was in my roomie's room. So she heard the noise if any. I can't recall our girls ever keeping her up. Even if you don't have a spare room, you could put her in a pallet in the floor with her other siblings that might be "used to" the singing.

My BS9 shared a room with his step brother at his dads house who was 5 years younger than DS9. It drove him CRAZY bc the kid talked ALL THROUGH HIS SLEEP! Kept my son up half the night. My son was in school and constantly had trouble focusing due to the lack of sleep. It was a nightmare for him.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

July 30th, 2011, 04:38 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I WISH we had a room for her to have her own room!!! She also gets out of bed and walks out of the room and then william screams murder because he cant leave the room as hes in the crib..

Its just really hard, I hope it gets better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search