This bothered me...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
TGunn8232's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The other day, my b/f, Jay and I were dropping his son off with his ex-wife's parents. I took our baby in to show her to them just to be nice (we all get along really well). We were walking down the street to show some of their other family members Kaylie and his ex's brother showed up. I hadn't met him, so he introduced himself and informed me that Kaylie was going to be his niece because he still considers Jay his brother. That was fine with me...whatever you want to call her. Anyway, he proceeded to tell me about how Jay was such a great guy and his sister messed up bad by losing him. Her whole family then told me every detail about their relationship...including their wedding. I really don't see where this stuff should be brought up in this kind of setting, it was a little awkward. Anyway, here's the thing that bugs me. Jay's ex MIL grabs his hand and says "Don't worry. One day she'll realize what she did and she'll come back to you. Then you guys can be a family again." Isn't that a little out of line? I just needed to vent mostly here, I feel better now .
June 29th, 2006, 08:19 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
That was very out of line.. So rude.. I would have said.. He has a family already..

June 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
way out of line. she can join the club w/ my MIL.

my MIL loooooooooves my DH's horrid ex and wants them to get back together. they divorced b/c she's the worst cheater EVER and MIL blames DH
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

June 30th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i cant believe she said that!!! that was very rude...dont they realize he has a family now...just because she realizes what she did doesnt give her the right to get the chance to go back.. what did your boyfriend say to that comment?

June 30th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Quote:
what did your boyfriend say to that comment?[/b]
Well, they divorced because she cheated on him and got pregnant with someone else's baby. So, he said there is no way he would ever consider being with her again. He told me that me and Kaylie and his son are his family now. And he said that his ex MIL is just crazy and it's just wishful thinking. I think he just felt so weird...it was just such an odd comment, you know???
June 30th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yeah its def an odd comment that shouldnt have been said!

June 30th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Regular
Thank god my mil hates the ex even more than she hates me. But I would have laughed in her face and let her know that that bridge had been burned. I think MIL are just crazy and I will be one one day. ###### that's a scary thought.
July 2nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
mudholemama
WOW!! How awkward.....

I think that was a tad bit rude. ARGH!
July 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The other day, my b/f, Jay and I were dropping his son off with his ex-wife's parents. I took our baby in to show her to them just to be nice (we all get along really well). We were walking down the street to show some of their other family members Kaylie and his ex's brother showed up. I hadn't met him, so he introduced himself and informed me that Kaylie was going to be his niece because he still considers Jay his brother. That was fine with me...whatever you want to call her. Anyway, he proceeded to tell me about how Jay was such a great guy and his sister messed up bad by losing him. Her whole family then told me every detail about their relationship...including their wedding. I really don't see where this stuff should be brought up in this kind of setting, it was a little awkward. Anyway, here's the thing that bugs me. Jay's ex MIL grabs his hand and says "Don't worry. One day she'll realize what she did and she'll come back to you. Then you guys can be a family again." Isn't that a little out of line? I just needed to vent mostly here, I feel better now .[/b]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I would have just wanted to die! Thatis so RUDE! what did you say? WHat did your b/f say?

</div>
July 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
We were both shocked by it...I actually just changed the subject real quick and started saying I needed to get Kaylie home before it rained.
July 4th, 2006, 12:24 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
what did your boyfriend say to that comment?[/b]
Well, they divorced because she cheated on him and got pregnant with someone else's baby. So, he said there is no way he would ever consider being with her again. He told me that me and Kaylie and his son are his family now. And he said that his ex MIL is just crazy and it's just wishful thinking. I think he just felt so weird...it was just such an odd comment, you know???
[/b]
hey! are you dating my DH?
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Cilla
Wow that is def odd and rude. I dont know if i could have stayed in a room with her after that
August 1st, 2006, 10:02 AM
CrazyFrog
I would've been sooooooo pissed!! I may have punched her right there in front of everyone.
August 6th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I think that is way out of line also. She needs to realize he moved on with his life after HER daughter ruined the relationship!

August 19th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OmGosh!!!! How rude? I would of been mad!!!! My husband's whole ex-wife package is crazy too. Expecially her! You sound like you handled it wayyyyyy better than I would of. I'm really bad about taking stuff like that out on my husband tho. When it comes to his ex wife.. Everyting pisses me off..
August 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I think MIL's feel it is their job to make us miserable. My bf's parents are super religious and we are both agnostic. The fact that we live together and aren't married or even planning a wedding made his family spit frisbees. His dad wouldn't talk to him and his mom just kept telling him "I won't stop talking to you but I'm sooooo disappointed." I just kept thinking it would have been better if she'd have stopped talking to him for awhile. *UGH!* Anyway I wrote her a letter and told her that just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I don't have morals or values and I respect their point of view but I will not marry their son just because they expect it. Things settled down after that. Maybe you should try something like that? You and your bf could write a letter together clearly stating that *Ex* is out of the picture and you will be nice and be social but it is never to be expected that she's going to have any part in BF's life ever again. Hope that was some help. I'm not very good at explaining myself. LOL. Oh and when they want to talk about BF's and Ex's relationship you could just say, " I'm not interested in *BF's* past. We're building a future together and we're not looking back but thank you for sharing." They'll get the point. GL!!!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search