Are you serious?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
So for those who don't remember, dh and I started the processes to get my oldest dss on prescription assistance back in February. When dh was laid off at the end of 2010 and was on a couple of medications, we became familiar with how it worked and he was approved and had medicine within two weeks. Bm has been complaining about the cost of dss's medications since forever, and we encouraged her to look into these programs for him (in early 2011, while dh was still looking for his new job). It's easier for her to do it because we need to deal with doctor's offices who've never met dh and have medical forms released, whereas bm wouldn't have to and is the one who's there in person for dss's appointments. Additionally, I need to provide documentation that shows my income (or lack thereof right now) because we applied with dh's name and I'm part of his household. If she applied, it would just be her who needed to account for her income sources. Since 2011, though, she had always claimed the "assistance people" just kept denying dss. It never made any sense because the requirements are that a doctor needs to sign off stating that the patient does need xyz medication and why, and the income levels need to be within their guidelines. Dss meets both. It's been a constant battle and we've never understood why because she's never hesitated to use any and all public assistance programs available to her before.

We've actually wondered, and are still not convinced it's impossible, if she's getting reimbursements from any state assistance programs. She interviewed for SSI (and didn't tell us about it - we had to pester to even get an answer as to how it went) and claims he was denied, and at our request she put it in writing that she has not received reimbursements from any and all undisclosed state assistance programs (although she would not put in writing that if she did receive that kind of assistance she would disclose it). We pay 50% of all uninsured costs/copays and so we insist on original receipts on the advice of our lawyer. She is paying the full copays with no other assistance at the counter. I also know she was really against giving us receipts at the beginning and wonder if she's getting regular reimbursements in addition to dh's 50% of the full copays.

In February 2012, after we had asked her to look into them a couple more times, we decided to do it ourselves. I had him set up with one program the same day, and the other is waiting on my documentation to prove my income (although it was a pain because of all the above mentioned interactions with the doctor's office that we've never been to because dss only goes 4 times per year and it's during the hours dh needs to be at work).

Yesterday, she wrote this on her message board: "(dss) has medications totaling $xxx.xx per month without insurance and $xxx.xx with. He's on prescription assistance for low income, which wasn't honestly too much work."

That's because you didn't lift a finger in the last two years to get him on the assistance! *I* did the bulk of the work and dh handled the most incompetent doctor's office to have ever existed.

She's looney. We made sure to document and screen shot it, because it's either one more thing we can add to the pile that demonstrate her ability to be completely full of s--t and keep a straight face, or she's talking about a local or state assistance program in which case it's also evidence of her lying to us about it as well as committing blatant fraud.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Gosh, if I didn't know better I would think that her & Neely's ex were related. What a loon!
April 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
geeze!! I tell you, that woman is a piece of freaking work!

April 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love that she's taking credit for the work you've done. What a piece of work!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
April 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Notice what she does, though. She phrases it in a way that pretty obviously implies that she did the work, but it's also phrased so that if you called her on it (which we wouldn't, because there's no point) she could say, "Well, I never said I did the work, just that there wasn't a lot of it." She's very aware of her phrasing with these kinds of things.

It's the same technique she used for the first year post-divorce, when she'd share half truths with my now in-laws, let them draw the obvious conclusion and not say contradict it and then when dh would approach her, ("How come you said xyz to my parents? We both know that isn't the truth.") she would say, "I didn't say that. They just assumed that."

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Geesh these ladies, if they can even be called that, sure are a piece of work.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 13th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Super Mommy
What a piece of work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search