Makes me laugh

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last weekend we took O camping. We ended up getting stuck in traffic, so we texted BM an hour before 7 and said hey we're gonna be late prolly not getting back to town till 8:45 or so. She said ok no problem. So O sleeps the whole way home, and we drop him off, showered, at 8:45.

Before saying hello to him, she looks at Eric and says "So then I can have him until 8:45 next Sunday right?" And he says "sure." Whatever makes her happy. Kind of childish to do since he was asleep the extra hour and 45 we had him but oh well.

So we text her at 6 and say what time can we pick up O and she said well you dropped him off at 8:45 so around then. We text her at 8:35 and say we are leaving now please have him ready (she always invites Eric in for 10 min while O finishes getting ready and I hate that)

We get there and shes not there. O isnt there. Her mom says "Oh she said shed be back after 9."

He calls her, and she says "Oh Im at my condo I thought I was dropping him off." (Keep in mind by now it is 8:52 so either way shes late.)

So he says whatever just meet me at our house. So she finally drops him off at like 9:05 to us with no apology or anything. But he is wearing clothes too small and dress shoes. He said he had to change at the condo because he had to shower there because he got dirty. And then he said they visited his moms ex at the hospital bc he needs a new kidney. This is the same ex that has recently bought him a Wii and games for it. The same ex that caused BM to drink in the first place. The same ex she blamed for her losing custody of O because he is "crazy and controlling and unsafe."

I have a feeling before long we will be back in court. Sad because the only that will suffer is O.
June 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Wow, what a pain in the butt.

But, the extra hour and 45 minutes is definitely something W&C's mom would do.
June 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh. how childish:/

June 5th, 2012, 12:49 AM
It really was. It was like she was playing games just because she could.

Owen told us that his mom made him help her clean her condo and he said it was gross and dirty and she doesn't clean it much. He said he got so dirty cleaning it that she made him take a shower there and since he didnt have any clothes there he had to wear old ones and dress shoes.

I wanna know how someones SHOES get so dirty they cant be worn.. Something is fishy.

Also I guess the ex bf is getting a new kidney, hes in the hospital. O told me all about it right in front of his mom.

By the way, I did take a little pleasure in the fact that he ran up to the car when we pulled up SO fast and hugged me as soon as I got out that he forgot to say goodbye to his mom and she had to call him back over.

I know he loves her, but I love the proof that he loves me, too.

This blending thing is hard and I know it's only going to get harder, but whats worked the best for us is communication. I told him it bothered me that she always invites him inside, and he took the steps to put a stop to that. Had I not brought it up, he never would have known because hes a guy and guys dont think that way.

Deep breaths, one day at a time. Hope for the best. All I can do.

I just do want to say that I hope, for the sake of her relationships with O, that she doesnt get messed back up in alcohol and pills and crazy exes. Because that will just be sad. We give second chances, and in her case, 3 or 4, because she is his MOTHER, but I dont think Eric plans on giving any more. I can only hope she knows how serious this is.
June 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No one can make her get into drinking. And I would pick some rough play clothes and send him in those.
June 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
No one can make her get into drinking. And I would pick some rough play clothes and send him in those.
I know no one can make her, but she is easily influenced and this guy is the one she drinks with.

And we send him back to her in exactly what she sends him to us in. She doesnt get any of our clothes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search