visiting grandpa

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
SO BM called today to talk to the kids, since DH is at work til tuesday she has to go through me, we've been nice though so no issues, anyway after todays talk she says her dad has moved back to texas, about 2 hrs away from us and wants us to bring the kids for a visit for a weekend , BUT then she says unless the kids stay at her grandmas she doesn't want them staying with her dad cuz he has a mean pit bull that snaps at the kids, and he may be drinking again... well DUH we aren't gonna leave the kids with him! I told her to talk to DH, she said maybe I could do it while he's at work so I could have a break.... 1. DH probably won't do it because he's actually only home 5 weeks while they visit, why take more time away ? 2. I'm not gonna leave them in the care of someone I have never even met, when they're in MY care while DH is at work. 3. I'm not gonna drive 2 hrs there, 2 hrs home then drive back 2 hrs to get them and 2 hrs home again...
I texted DH and told him he can handle it, if he wants to let them visit thats his choice, but I highly doubt he does .

June 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, I'm with you. If he wants to see them, he can come to your house.
My2miracles likes this.
June 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Super duper awkward. I get that he wants to see his grandkids and is likely putting pressure on her but dude don't pass that buck.
June 14th, 2012, 05:07 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ummmm no. If he wants to see them, let him come to the kids. I hate that attitude of oh I want to see them so bring them to me. DSD wants to see her grandma, and DH actually set up the visits that if she is going to see her mom it has to be at grandmas house only. But that still means that grandma has to abide by the meeting half way rule.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah I just talked to DH and as soon as I said anything he said" yeah i doubt that will happen" lol .
he said if they wanna pay for our gas then maybe we would but probably not, and it wouldn't be while he's home he already misses time with them because of work. Her dad was just living with them for 9 months before he moved back 2 months ago, DH hadn't seen them since last summer..

June 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Uh, yeah. I agree with the other ladies. It seems like a much simpler idea to have him come down to visit the kids at your house, and if his dog is dangerous, it's going to be unsafe for them to be at his house period, not just overnight.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
June 15th, 2012, 11:17 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why can't the kids visit their grandpa on their mom's time?? Or I agree with the others that said grandpa can come to you for a visit with the kids!

June 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess because he moved from where she was living (wyoming) back to texas again, but he just spent 9 months up there so its not like he hasn't seen them in forever.
I'm not stressed about it, this is Justins time with them, not hers or her familys.

June 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
See when my brother's daughters visit from the UK, their other grandma always wants to see them and she is always groveling to my brother. It's funny that she has to ask him to see them when she was one of the biggest proponents of his ex being allowed to move to the uk with them. I think she regrets that now because they never visit unless it's when they come to visit Philip.

My brother is very gracious and allows his former mil to visit with them, but also the girls want to see them, so it wouldn't be just denying the grandparents, ya know?

If he wants to come see them, I would make it happen, but I wouldn't go out of my way to take them there.
June 17th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Happy Mommy
Maybe on one of the last days. Meet half way for dinner and park or something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search