Tell us Tuesday

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
OK ladies it's been a while since we've caught up with each other. What's the latest going on in our lives?

For me, we're settling into the new house. We still have tons to do and need to finish moving things over from the old place. We also have to clean out the old place and replace the rugs. We figure it would be cheaper to do it ourselves instead of having the owners do it and charge us more than what the carpets are really worth. We also got a new puppy in the house, a beautiful Siberian Husky that we named Sabel. I'm also 34.3 weeks along now and getting closer to having Ethan. The girls seem happy in their new room, especially now that they each have their own bed instead of bunk beds. School will be over tomorrow, but I haven't sent them this week since we're out of district now. Doni is still having some issues but we will have her seen by someone over the summer. Hopefully she can get comfortable talking to an outside adult and adjust even better. Lil guy will also be evaluated this summer. He claims he can't control his own behavior and that has been a major part of his school issues. I'm wondering if he has some sort of ADHD or something. He can hyper focus on video games but anything else is a no go unless it involves math or numbers in general. Well, that's about it in a nutshell for us.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm tired just reading all of that, Liz! I can't believe you're 34 weeks already. Not much longer to go! Glad that your dsd is going to see someone over the summer, and I hope you get some answers for your ds as well.

For those who don't know, we moved Saturday too. I'm thrilled to say that we're more or less moved in (the kitchen was finished that night, along with the bathrooms, Sunday we moved some large things over from my il's house and yesterday I unpacked the rest of the living room and put away our millions of boxes of clothes - all that's left now is some decorative stuff and about 1/3 of the office stuff). We need to pick up a couple more big things from my il's house still - they held onto a lot for us while we were living in the townhouse - but that's really it. We're loving the extra space, and really like the house overall. We feel more home here in a few days than we did in over 9 months in the townhouse, so that makes me happy. We even had a neighbour bring us cookies last night. Being here also means we get to go back to the church we want to be at a lot more regularly, and that makes dh and I REALLY happy.

I won't go into details here but things with my oldest dss are not fabulous right now -we have an upcoming court date for him and are hoping for some positive changes in his treatment and his surroundings. The other kids are with us for the week as part of their summer time with dh, and they really like the new house too. They're all doing great. My 5.5 yo dsd swam underwater "like an expert" today.

Other than that, we're just trying to get through this summer. We bought Coldplay tickets several months ago and that show is next week already so we're really excited for that. The third week of July is when we leave for Ontario for our formal wedding and reception, and I'm getting a little nervous now that we're down to less than a month, but really looking forward to it. We have a few finishing touches to go over with some vendors, but most things are more or less settled.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Whew! You ladies are busy!!!

Must be a lot of moving in the summer. I should know that living in a huge military area.

Well we are in the process of moving to a new home and were set to close tomorrow afternoon. Tonight we got told there were two liens against the title. So we wont know until tomorrow at noon if we are still closing at 5. We have spent the last two weeks packing and getting stuff to fix up the house. The homeowners say they didn't know about the liens. If this falls through it will be a long road through court. The family has 2 small kids and we feel kind of bad for taking them to court if this falls through, but as of the 30th we are homeless. Thank goodness for family near by willing to take us in until it all settles. however we wont be able to love together neither of our families can accommodate our full family. On a brighter note I will have C Thursday and Friday all by my self if we don't close. Gotta focus on the positive right?

Send me some good house closing vibes please?!?
June 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh I hate closing issues. We had some too since ours is a two family home and the second floor wasn't vacant at closing like the contract stated it was to be. We ended up putting money in escrow with a $200 a day charge for every day the tenants didn't move out. Thankfully that was enough incentive to the seller to make sure the second floor people were out when they said.

Kayla, glad you like your new place, I'm enjoying mine too. I would enjoy it more if we were settled but that's going to take time.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 27th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH has been home a week, and 6 days more to go, we took the kids to the Science and History Museum yesterday and I think they had a blast.
I'm hoping my mom gets to come down and visit in the next few weeks, it all depends on when her BFs next heart appt is, but I haven't seen her since Christmas and I know she misses Audrey.
The kids go back in about 4 weeks
Audrey will be lonely without them here to play with I'm sure

June 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
As gross and embarrasing as it is...we have been fighting the battle with headlice. DSS brought it home before school was out and I thought that I was rid of it but I keep finding it on someone in the house. It's either me or DD that is passing it around. My hair is past my waist and thick. And I really don't want to cut it. We aren't using chemicals we are using a tea tree oil mixture and redoing it every 3-4 days for 4 weeks in hopes that we will kill off the bugs after they hatch but before they can lay more eggs. And everyone gets warm blankets everynight because the covers sheets and pillows get a 60 minute tumble in the dryer before bed and the bed gets a spray down. I vacuum 2 times a day And my couch smells like licorice (sweet Anise) I am so done with this. If we get it again I think I am going to shave all our heads. That or go camping for a weekend and bug bomb the entire house and treat ourselves while we are camping.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

June 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
BTDT last summer with the lice. Found the best cure & it's cheap & easy --- BLOW DRY. Yup blow drying your hair will dry them out - they need moisture to live. That's what finally did it for dd's hair.

We've been super busy too & I'm exhausted. The 16th was dd's 10 birthday party. Then this past weekend was her dance recital. This is her 1st year in the dance company so she had to dance in all 3 shows. She & I were gone all weekend. Not to mention 3 dress rehearsals during the week. This weekend she's in a parade with the dance company but I'm hoping the rest will be quiet.

And the biggy!!!! Next Monday I start my new job! I was unsure but now that I gave my notice where I'm at (I've been contracting for 8 weeks) people have been opening up to me at how bad it is here. So I'm really glad that I'm leaving.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 28th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Good idea Liz!

Things are sort of quiet here. The Court hasn't ruled on our motion to compel and still hasn't ruled on her (former) attorney's motion to withdraw his appearance either. I really think this is going to slow down the whole process, but I'm not really concerned about it.

We found out recently that she's got a scheduling conference in a different court for her 3rd divorce and she's trying to hurry that along so she can plan a wedding. W&C are with her this week. They come back on Sunday and then we'll be heading to Kentucky on Monday for a week with my parents. I have a ton of stuff to do. Keelan is wearing me out with this climbing crap. He's really close to walking, but not quite. But oh, the climbing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search