Aahaahhhhh

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok so panic is starting to set in a bit about our current situation. Of course not knowing details is making it worse.

So I'm going to push Dh into getting dsd on Saturday. She doesn't need to be with friends nor end up being the caretaker of her mom. I just know that dh will be afraid it will be a battle. But it's the right thing to do for dsd.

But then I started to read about stroke recovery. Now I'm starting to think this may extend past the summer. And while for years I've thought it would be best for dsd to live with us, I just never expected it to happen. I certainly didn't expect it to happen this way.

So I'm ok with dsd coming to live with us but will she be? She loves us but for the last 6 years she's been living in a town of 500 people. We live in the suburbs of Chicago. There are 600 kids in dd & ds's elementary school. She'll go from a school that is pre-k through 12 to a junior high that is 10 times the size. She'll have to make new friends, go to dd's dance studio (which is way better than what's she's getting but....). We'll have to get her registered for school and everything.

Our house is very, very small & we're used to it but she isn't. We'd have to move her & dd into the master bedroom and dh & I into dd's room. Her room isn't big enough for the 2 of them & all their stuff.

Ok talk me down of the ledge please!!!!!!! Everything is going to be ok right?????

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 28th, 2012, 02:23 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Take deep breaths. If it has to be done it can be. It's a huge adjustment, but in the end it will work out.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Take deep breaths. If it has to be done it can be. It's a huge adjustment, but in the end it will work out.
Totally agree. When W&C first came to stay they moved into Daniel's room. While this was fine for weekend visits, it wasn't ideal for them to live permanently. We gave up our basement family room (split foyer) and made it our bedroom so Clayton & Daniel could share the master bedroom.

It's not ideal, but it works. And whatever it takes for you all, you'll get through it.
June 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
What an overwhelming situation. I don't have any good advice, but I think Liz and Rachel have it right. I'm really sorry that you and your family are dealing with something of a crisis right now. Everything will be okay!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search