Wel she finally found the other one.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel
  • 2 Post By Mom2DyJessAva
  • 2 Post By Rachel
  • 1 Post By .Katie.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2012, 11:37 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today, O came to us wearing the other shirt she lost. 8 months ago. Luckily, he only wore it once or twice with us before she lost it, so it's still pretty much brand new. Won't fit for TOO much longer, but it'll last through the summer.

Also, she's been staying at her place now, as opposed to her parents house. We're keeping an extra ear open now that she's back on her own. Hopefully enough time has passed and she's strong enough to not fall back into the same habits. Never know.

In other news. They're moving. I searched public records, and her condo is actually going up for auction on August 13th. When Eric picked up O, there were moving boxes everywhere. He said it was very messy and unorganized, but mostly clean. So that's a start.

O told me that they looked at the apartments THREE BLOCKS FROM OUR HOUSE. I don't know how I feel about her living THAT close to me.

Also, she bought a new flat screen TV this week. O said it was $850.00. And she enrolled him in swim classes anyway. He said they're boring and he's the only kid in the class. And the teacher is trying to teach him things he already knows. Oh well, her money, not ours, lol. However, she still does owe Eric like $400 from the rest of her taxes that she's supposed to split with him. Luckily, we got the $750 back in April. I knew it would take forever for the rest though. But new tv's are apparently a necessity.

And she's still hanging out with the ex. Every time O says he saw him, he tells us about the new lego kit he got from him. Basically, he buys him a lego kit because he doesn't want to deal with O, so he just keeps him busy.

I must say though, even with all these little things here and there, things are going relatively smoothly. Let's just hope this continues.
July 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, besides the money issue (which is a big thing, to me) the issues aren't that big. Not sweating the small stuff is golden rule. As annoying as all of that is, in the grand scheme of things they aren't that big of a deal.
My2miracles likes this.
July 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
.Katie.
I think the lego kits is kind of sweet! If O likes legos
July 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah the money thing kind of irritates us. Because we got a 36 iinch tube TV from good will for 9.99. it's not like she NEEDED to spend that money. I think that was part of her student loans. Living rent free with your parents would probably net you some extra cash. Wonder how they feel about how she's thanking them for all the help.

And yeah, he loves Legos. Its just sad that its used as a way to keep him busy and out of their hair.

And the money thing. She owes him that money, but it was coming from her taxes, and I know she filed an extension. So hopefully soon.
July 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how do you know its to keep him out of there hair? i love love my kids but every once in awhile i enjoy them playing by themselves
Rachel and My2miracles like this.

July 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Oh I know. We are the same way sometimes. It's just that every single time he sees this guy, he gets a new lego set. And I asked him what they 3 of them did and he said they tell him to build his legos and they just hang out.
July 3rd, 2012, 05:50 AM
I'm gonna try to say this as nicely as possible. I'm not trying to be snotty or mean or anything. You would really improve your life and your relationship with O's mom if you just stop prying into her time with O. It's her time with O and if she chooses to squander it by hanging with a guy while her son plays Lego, that's her choice and I assure you that O will be fine. O will figure her out and stop expecting anything from her.
My2miracles and plan4fate like this.
July 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I'm gonna try to say this as nicely as possible. I'm not trying to be snotty or mean or anything. You would really improve your life and your relationship with O's mom if you just stop prying into her time with O. It's her time with O and if she chooses to squander it by hanging with a guy while her son plays Lego, that's her choice and I assure you that O will be fine. O will figure her out and stop expecting anything from her.
Oh I know. It's more of the fact that Eric does not like O around this guy because of her past with him. It was more of a "just finding out if she's still seeing him," type thing.

We do the usual, did you have fun with your mom, stuff. But I don't ask prying questions because we dont want her asking about his time with us either.
July 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In my experience, kids have no concept of money. O is very young so I would take the amount he said the tv cost with a grain of salt.

I agree with Rachel. What she does with O on her time is their business. How she spends her money is her business as well. You probably wouldn't approve of how I spend my money but in the end it's none of your business.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 3rd, 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
In my experience, kids have no concept of money. O is very young so I would take the amount he said the tv cost with a grain of salt.

I agree with Rachel. What she does with O on her time is their business. How she spends her money is her business as well. You probably wouldn't approve of how I spend my money but in the end it's none of your business.
If she didn't owe us money then I wouldn't care what she spent her money on.

And I know that I should not pry into her time with him. And I really don't. I just happened to bring up a situation on here cuz I know you guys have been there, done that.

When I type out that she bought a tv instead of paying Eric back, it's really the only time I've thought about it since he told me. I don't spend our whole week with him analyzing the things his mom does, I can assure you that, lol.

Honestly, just making conversation.
July 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM
.Katie.
Thanks to you I bought Julie her first Legos kit today and she LOVED it! Kept her entertained for hours. Much better than TV or video games!
Mom2DyJessAva likes this.
July 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepmom2Be View Post
Oh I know. It's more of the fact that Eric does not like O around this guy because of her past with him. It was more of a "just finding out if she's still seeing him," type thing.

We do the usual, did you have fun with your mom, stuff. But I don't ask prying questions because we dont want her asking about his time with us either.
In my experience, kids will say more about their activities if you just let them talk. We used to ask W&C if they had fun and what kind of things they did. Now we just let stuff come up when they decide to open up about it. We find out more that way, I swear.

I was just concerned about you driving yourself crazy, is all.
July 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
In my experience, kids will say more about their activities if you just let them talk. We used to ask W&C if they had fun and what kind of things they did. Now we just let stuff come up when they decide to open up about it. We find out more that way, I swear.

I was just concerned about you driving yourself crazy, is all.
Oh I know. I hope I didn't come off rude. I had a long day at work, lol.

O has always opened up more if we don't ask him anything. He is very loyal to his mom and he does tend to take any questions we ask as prying. We asked him when he was in the pool what kind of stuff he learned at swim lessons, (out of sheer curiosity and to see if he learned anything cool,) and he said, "I don't want to tell you." I think his mom has told him in the past not to tell us about his time with her. Which is fine, as long as it doesn't go back to how it was with the "Don't tell your dad I got drunk and neglected you."

We're so nice, even, that we just texted her and asked her if she wanted him for the night. We had him for the 4th last year, and we went to a fireworks show at the lake last night. So she's going to take him for the night. However, we just told him and now he's crying and upset because he doesn't want to go. We told him we had good news and bad news. Bad news we werent taking him to fireworks, but hey guess what your mom is. And he said, "So whats the good news?"

Uh oh.
July 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
ETA: Crisis avoided. We asked him why he was crying. He said he didn't want to have to just clean. And we said what? And he said all he's allowed to do when he's with her is clean her condo since they're moving. We told him he's going with her to his grandparents house and it's a fun night with her, not like when he goes with her all week. Tonight is just about fun. We also told him we'd save the fireworks we bought and do them this weekend with his cousins. So he seems to be excited now.
July 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by over.the.moon View Post
I completely understand why he was crying. I cry when I have to clean too.

I hope he had a fun fourth!
haha yeah I'm not a big fan of cleaning either. And my house stays relatively clean. Hers was unlived in for about 8 months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search