Really not sure what to say about this situation.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lilymagic
  • 1 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 05:53 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I know that there isn't anything that I can do about it. But Obviously back in November B & K's Mom pawned all of their video games. Even a couple that B Bought with his birthday money from our house. They are kinda upset about it because they still haven't gotten them out. We watch Pawn Stars as a family a lot because we all like it and they heard that the pawn is for 180 days then the shop gets to keep them. Well the asked how long 180 days were without thinking I told them 6 months. They hadn't told us that their games were in pawn until after I said this. So now they think that they lost all their games. Their moms boyfriend kept all his games out and they only pawned the ones they bought for the boys. I know that I can't go get the games out of pawn and I am not for any reason giving her the money. I guess the only thing I can do is to tell them to trust their mom when she says that she hasn't lost them and that she is paying the intrest every month. They want me to take them to the pawn shop so they can actually ask the guy if their games are still in pawn but I think that is one of the worst ideas out there. One because I really don't think a pawn shop is the right place for them and two I don't want to be the one to start something if they lost their games because then they would be mad at their mom and it wold end up being my fault. When in all honesty they are actually realizing that for the last 7 years me and their dad haven't been the bad guys. And for the first time in 7 years K isn't asking to go live with his mom every week. The only thing he is asking for is his own room. (which is coming in the next few months) I just don't dknow what to do other than try and replace some of the games and keep them here. I just hate it when they are upset about something like this. I think that sometimes being a stepmom is harder than being a mom. I hate posting things like this because it always seems like when I post its a rant of somesort but you ladies are really the only ones that I know will understand me.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

July 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That really sucks. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. It's a tough one, to be sure.

((hugs))
July 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would talk to DH and try to buy some of the games (maybe used ones since they're cheaper) and keep them at your house.
I agree sometimes being a Step mom is way harder!

July 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
No advice but definitely for you!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor kids
July 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well The boys came back today and K was upset because BM sold his dirtbike (that we paid half on long sotry) and she spent all the money. But still didn't pick up their games. How do you spend $350 that belongs to your kid and not get his games out of pawn? The dirt bike was his birthday present last year. We paid half because we were getting along and it was supposed to come to our house when K was here. Well it was one thing after another and it still hasn't been to our house. They said that it was all K's money that bought it and that it stayed there. They are supposed to give us the $400 that we put toward it but we will more than likely have to take her to court to get it. We jsut want K to be able to get something with it. He wants a PS3 and an I pod and would have enough for both. BM doesn't realize that she is burning the last bridge with her kids. B already distances himself from her because of how she is. K was always the Momma's boy. But he is getting mopre and more distant. Now K was talking to me earlier I had stopped to get a 6 pack of beer for DH. and K starts talking about how BM's BF is drinking a lot again. And that he is worried that his mom is getting back on drugs. Which coming from a 10 year old worries me a lot. It doesn't help that DH has known her for 16 years and the only times she has been clean is when she was pregnant and when she was on the Methadone. So her just being in NA really worries us. We just aren't sure what to do other than keep an eye on her. I'm just worried about my boys. Both their safety when they are with her and their emotions if something does happen and she leaves again. This is why I can't stand BM!

July 22nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is drug testing anywhere in your agreement?
July 23rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That kind of thing coming from a 10 yo would be heartbreaking.

I can't even with these kinds of people. I would be hugely upset about the dirt bike, especially considering it was a gift from you and dh as well. It stinks that something as simple as getting a joint gift for a child becomes an impossibility as a result of nothing more than someone else's selfishness. Poor boys.
Ember Rose likes this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 23rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
It was part of the agreement that she cooperate with CPS on random drug testing. But our case has been closed. I have thought about calling her probation officer and giving an annoynmous tip that she has a history of drug use and can pass a schedualed test. Other than that the old worker said that we just have to watch and if we suspect something file a report with them.

July 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I hate that your hands are tied. BM2 pawned almost everything of value in her house. Her dad's stuff M's stuff all of it. I'm so so sorry for your boys.
July 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Happy Mommy
that's too sad for the kiddos. I'd talk to Dh and ask what he wants to do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search