Log In Sign Up

Well, that didn't take long...


Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 2 Post By lilymagic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near the land of cream cheese
Posts: 5,338
My dsc have been here for less than 3 hours and my oldest dsd (who is 11, for those who don't know) has already mentioned bm has been asking her what the dollar amounts of our wedding things were. Stay classy!
__________________

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,684
Seriously? Gosh...people are tasteless.
__________________
J Married to D 08.21.2009
Bonus Mama to R (14) and M (7)
Warm up your home with a fabulous warmer and some of our scentsational scents! PM me for details!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
August 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
Classless. What business is it of her. As long as she's getting what ever support she is supposed to be getting, what does it matter.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #4  
August 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 970
Why does she even care. Get a Life!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
August 4th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near the land of cream cheese
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Classless. What business is it of her. As long as she's getting what ever support she is supposed to be getting, what does it matter.
That's my thinking. If her support is paid (which it is, always) and our bills are paid, what does it matter what we do with our savings? It's not our fault that she's terrible with money management and we're, well, not.
__________________

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
August 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
It's pure jealousy. Plus she's thinking if you guys paid a lot of money for the wedding you might have more money and then she can go to court for an upward modification in support. I've seen lots of cases like that. The moment the residential parent thinks the other parent has more money, they run to court for more support.
mom2more likes this.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #7  
August 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,150
Did she mean wedding things or wedding gifts? I'm just wondering if she's thinking you guys got a lot of money for the wedding and is gonna try to get more out of you. Which obviously is not anywhere NEAR appropriate!

Either way, she shouldn't be asking anything monetarily related to your wedding, thats just rude. It's even rude when family does it for crying out loud!
__________________
Jennifer - Married to Eric 3.10.13 - Full Time Stepmom to Owen - TTC our first together- 1 year and counting
Reply With Quote
  #8  
August 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,769
How rude!!
BM did the same thing with us though.. DH told her a month before our wedding he couldn't pay her any extra and she went on a rant about how can we afford a wedding then.. she shut up when he said my mother was paying for whole wedding and we weren't going on a honeymoon, not that it's ANYONE else's business what you spend on a wedding.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #9  
August 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 114,750
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I world have expected nothing else.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forum Runner
Reply With Quote
  #10  
August 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,150
I know. It's ridiculous. We are saving a LOT to have our wedding. Granted, we don't pay CS, but back when we did, it wouldn't be BM's business what we spent our non CS money on.

For instance, we have stopped going out to eat, and put that money into the wedding savings. People cut back on things to afford their wedding, doesn't mean anyone else is entitled to that money.
__________________
Jennifer - Married to Eric 3.10.13 - Full Time Stepmom to Owen - TTC our first together- 1 year and counting
Reply With Quote
  #11  
August 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near the land of cream cheese
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
It's pure jealousy. Plus she's thinking if you guys paid a lot of money for the wedding you might have more money and then she can go to court for an upward modification in support. I've seen lots of cases like that. The moment the residential parent thinks the other parent has more money, they run to court for more support.
She'd be an idiot to try considering she's actually "working" now (and she wasn't last year when the CS numbers were redone) and our income hasn't changed. It wouldn't shock me if she tried, though.

We planned our wedding for *two years*. We both worked very hard and saved a lot of money to pay for it (and we were also generously gifted by my family and his) during that time. We chose the least expensive resort in the area and went small on our guest list. We don't have any debt over it. I have no regrets.

It bothers me that she's drilling an 11 year old child for this information, though, and otherwise making them feel badly about having a nice time. She *is* bitter and jealous and just a miserable, miserable person. I'd feel sorry for her if the people who end up feeling the brunt of all of that weren't my stepchildren.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepmom2Be View Post
Did she mean wedding things or wedding gifts? I'm just wondering if she's thinking you guys got a lot of money for the wedding and is gonna try to get more out of you. Which obviously is not anywhere NEAR appropriate!
She asked about things like the rehearsal dinner, dresses, the vehicle we rented to drive up in, etc. She's welcome to try to get more out of us if she wants to, I suppose, but like I said - she's the only one who's income has changed since the last time we went to court (and it's gone up slightly).
__________________

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; August 4th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
August 4th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
She'd be an idiot to try considering she's actually "working" now (and she wasn't last year when the CS numbers were redone) and our income hasn't changed. It wouldn't shock me if she tried, though.

We planned our wedding for *two years*. We both worked very hard and saved a lot of money to pay for it (and we were also generously gifted by my family and his) during that time. We chose the least expensive resort in the area and went small on our guest list. We don't have any debt over it. I have no regrets.

It bothers me that she's drilling an 11 year old child for this information, though, and otherwise making them feel badly about having a nice time. She *is* bitter and jealous and just a miserable, miserable person. I'd feel sorry for her if the people who end up feeling the brunt of all of that weren't my stepchildren.




She asked about things like the rehearsal dinner, dresses, the vehicle we rented to drive up in, etc. She's welcome to try to get more out of us if she wants to, I suppose, but like I said - she's the only one who's income has changed since the last time we went to court (and it's gone up slightly).
Yeah thats just messed up. She doesn't deserve any more. You worked hard for your wedding and you deserved all of it.

We have just about 7 months till ours, and so far, O's mom hasn't seemed too interested. But we haven't gotten into the big planning yet, where O will be very involved. I just hope she realizes that his dad getting married is GOOD for him. He wants a family unit. (And I hope one day she has one with him, too, of course.)

Its sad because your dsc now have that whole family unit. That's a good thing to have, and nit picking over how much it cost is just childish
__________________
Jennifer - Married to Eric 3.10.13 - Full Time Stepmom to Owen - TTC our first together- 1 year and counting
Reply With Quote
  #13  
August 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
.Katie.
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
My dsc have been here for less than 3 hours and my oldest dsd (who is 11, for those who don't know) has already mentioned bm has been asking her what the dollar amounts of our wedding things were. Stay classy!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
August 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 56,619
So rude!!!!!
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #15  
August 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 26,351
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Oh my word.... I can say I'm totally NOT surprised in the least about it though!
__________________
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~


Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew&Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel&Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d, Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d, Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d, Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS, Insulin resistant, Adenomyosis and Polyps.
175mcg Synthyroid, 1500mg Metformin
Colposcopy = CIN1+CIN2 cells
D&C/Hysterscopy/Polypectomy - August 21st - Follow up Sept 4
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity
Seeing MFI specialist/RE in 2015. Vitamins started August 2nd
Weight loss goal #1 - 10% body weight 23.4lbs - accomplished July 13 2014
Reply With Quote
  #16  
August 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Happy Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 21,659
oh good grief
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0