Problems with Will again this morning

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By plan4fate
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
He spent the night with a friend and he came home around 8:30 this morning. He immediately went into Clayton & Daniel's room and woke them up, before I had a chance to stop him. Then he started picking with Daniel, saying things that he knew upset him. I told him to stop being a jerk to his brother and not more than 5 minutes later, Clayton told me that he told Daniel that he was going to choke him to death and it would be a slow, quiet death and no one would know.

I was/am furious. Since then, I've been calling around to various behavioral health places to try to have him seen this week. I can't believe he would think that would be OK to say. He's gotten in trouble for saying something similar in the past (at school), so I just can't fathom how his 7 year old brother could make him that angry.

Anyway, I'm not really afraid that he would hurt him because he's never been violent. He likes to run his mouth, but rarely acts on it.

I was talking to Clayton (I took him and Daniel out to lunch and left Will at home with James) and he said that he really doesn't like Will much cause he's jerk so often (his words). And Daniel chimed in with "I don't like him at all!" I just think that's really really sad.
August 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So sad for everyone involved. I hope you can get him in to see someone this week!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh man I would be livid. I hope you can get him seen asap. He might be all talk now, but one day he might act and that's not good. So sad that his brothers feel that way about him.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We're way too familiar with those kinds of statements (although in our case, there HAS been real violence on several occasions so maybe our lens is a little different). Part of what is/has always been so concerning for us is the level of intensity and detail that sometimes gets used. It just feels *different* than when, say, my 11 yo dsd gets mad at another sibling. It's just so... intense for a child so young, over such trivial things.

It IS sad to have a sibling say that they don't like or are afraid of another regardless. I'm sorry, Rachel. I hope you can get him in ASAP!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it just the week for this? O taight his moms roommates 3 year old what suicide was last week.

Sigh. I hope you can get in to talk to somebody. That's def not good.
August 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Super Mommy
Oh no I am sooo sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you can get him seen this week!
August 14th, 2012, 06:31 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'm curious to know what went on at the friends house. It sounds like they watched/read something very inappropriate for their age!

I hope you're able to get him in to be seen! Poor Daniel and Clayton, it has to suck to not like your brother at the moment because they're a jerk to you all the time.
Ember Rose likes this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
August 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
we have dealt with this from K before. But with him it was his mom egging him on and making him think that if he acted out really bad that we would send him to live with her. He's finally realized that it's not gonna happen and while he will still lie about things I can always tell when he is lying so he gets caught.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

August 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesaDreamer View Post
we have dealt with this from K before. But with him it was his mom egging him on and making him think that if he acted out really bad that we would send him to live with her. He's finally realized that it's not gonna happen and while he will still lie about things I can always tell when he is lying so he gets caught.
I sometimes wonder if that's not what's going on in Will's head. He has a very odd relationship with his mom.

Anyway, I was up against some serious road blocks getting him into a therapist. Every place I called had a wait list of at least 4 weeks, some longer. But one place I wasn't able to get through to yesterday called back today and I was able to get him an appointment next Friday.

I told Will about it and he complained. I don't get it. He was all for counseling when his mom suggested it, but the minute we're on board with it and it's a bad thing.
Ember Rose likes this.
August 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm glad you found someone who can get him in soon! I hope it helps.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Happy Mommy

I'm sure with everything with his mom, and his age it's a bad combo
August 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like that he's being seen soon not that he's resistant. Honestly....IF he were seeing friends and all they'd be coming to our house. There's something rotten in Denmark and the trash needs to go out.
August 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So his mom suggested counseling before and he wanted to go. You didn't go for it and now he is acting in a way that will make you send him to counseling? Hmmm....could this be a plot between him and his mom to help with her custody wants?

August 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more
So his mom suggested counseling before and he wanted to go. You didn't go for it and now he is acting in a way that will make you send him to counseling? Hmmm....could this be a plot between him and his mom to help with her custody wants?
Don't know. He says he doesn't want to go so I'm not really sure. I think part of the reason he wanted to go before was because his mom tried to pull him out of class for it and when he was seeing the school counseler it was also during class so that might have been part of why he didn't mind. I can't see how it would help her case.
August 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM
.Katie.
It never ends does it? I hope he knocks that crap off soon. That wouldn't fly in our house either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search