I am not your maid.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a little Sunday night eye rolling.

We picked up O tonight. Driving home I open his backpack and there are 2 days worth of lunch containers, one containing half of a plum. Why would I want these for the next 7 days?

Luckily, she also forgot to send his homework that he made up since she kept him home 3 days last week. (She claims he had strep throat yet did not take him to the Dr and also did not let us know he was sick, just that he had a scratchy throat,) so we had to turn back around to get it, and Eric gave her the containers and was like, Um, we dont want these.

Also, the homework wasn't even complete because they "Didn't get around to it."

I take comfort in the fact that when he walked in the house he said, "Boy am I happy to be back here."

We're going camping this weekend and I can't wait for some good old fashioned family fun!
August 27th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Ugh! I'm glad you gave it back to her!
August 27th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Pleasant!

Have fun on your camping trip this weekend!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 27th, 2012, 09:30 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How does she know he had strep if she didn't take him to a dr.? Strep HAS to be treated by antibiotics or it can turn to Scarlet Fever (happened to my friends 5 year old) or worse it can cause rheumatic fever!
Ember Rose, .Katie. and Keakie like this.

August 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
School just started and he already missed 3 days? Not good at all.
Ember Rose likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Have fun this weekend!

August 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Happy Mommy
I bet she over looked it. the amount of stuff my kids keep in their backpacks makes me cringe.

have a fun week!
August 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys.

I at first thought she overlooked it but he only went to school 2 days last week and she packed him a lunch both days (progress! Last year she sent him to school with no lunch money and they kept charging it and calling US since we were the only parent listed!) How do you NOT know there's food containers in there, especially when she opened his backpack to take out his homework?

Yeah not to mention he is on a variance so if he misses 10 days they can drop his variance. ALSO not to mention he currently has a stuffy nose and a slight cough. Not really strep throat symptoms. More like a cold. Who knows though. This was last Mon tues Wed so maybe he was legitimately sick. But not even a text to let us know.

Oh well. He went to school fine this morning, no issues, aside from a "Love you kiddo, have a good day, oh.. and zip your shorts!"
August 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is a variance?

August 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
What is a variance?
It's when he doesn't go to the school his address would have him go to.

Back last year, O's mom moved in with her then boyfriend. She registered O for the school out there about 30 minutes away. Without telling anyone. he attended that school for 2 days, and then she relapsed. She then gave O to her parents to take care of him and they enrolled him in the school around the corner from them. (about 7 minutes from us.)

When she moved back in with her folks it was all fine and dandy. But now she lives in a new place, and the school he is going to is not the best school he could be attending. If he went based off our address, he would be going to a school rated A for aims testing and whatnot.

So now she has to drive about 6 miles each way to take him to school and we have to drive 4 each way.

We tried to get her to switch to the school by our house this summer but she didn't want him to "run away from his problems." (He got in a lot of trouble last year due to his moms absence.)

So yeah. lol
stucklikeglue likes this.
August 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Happy Mommy
oh that's what we call open enrollment.

hope it all works out.
August 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
oh that's what we call open enrollment.

hope it all works out.
That's weird cuz here open enrollment is different, lol. Kids here can't go to a school that their address doesn't go to without a variance.

Anyway, BM just texted me and said "Please have Owen call me now." Does this woman not understand common courtesy? We think her not having O call us last week was her way of "getting back at us" for us not having him call her ONE of the 7 days that he was here the week prior and it was only because we were out. She still spoke to him 6 out of the 7 days.
August 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm not sure what state/time zone you're in but it's kind of late here for a phone call "now". Is it an emergency?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
I'm not sure what state/time zone you're in but it's kind of late here for a phone call "now". Is it an emergency?
We are in AZ. It was a little after 6 when she texted. We are now watching a movie. She has texted again since then. No emergency that she has told us. Eric is going out of town tomorrow, so we don't have a ton of family time until the weekend. Unfortunately, she is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

I think a schedule needs to be discussed where its not up to the parent that doesnt have him to ask for him to call. I think while O is with, say us, that we should be required to have him call her 3x a week and vice versa.

Or if she still wants to text us to call, have it only be during certain times.

Just read the convo, (He handed me his phone)

"We have been out running errands all day and watching a movie now. You might want to refrain from including the word "now" in your texts."

"Or? You could have taken a quick minute to text me back. I get to talk to my son whenever I want to. Just because he is with you does not mean I stop being his mother."

"Every day is excessive and invasive on our life. We are watching a movie. He will call you tomorrow."
August 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
Just an idea, but Robert likes to tell his other parent "good night". Why don't you set that time up as a phone call time, say maybe 15 min or so before bedtime? Robert will usually call his mom and say Good night Mom I love you. Tell her if he had a good day at school, what he had for lunch, etc. This eliminated a lot of phone calls.
August 28th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Well S*** just hit the fan.

She just sent about 10 texts in a row.

"What youre doing is probably illegal. Def in violation of the court order. You are keeping a child from his mother and that is not healthy. You only wanted 2 days a week for 6 years. You are just trying to portray an image to impress a girl. I will be contacting my attorney and taking you back to court. I get to talk to my son WHENEVER I want to. I am his mother."

and then Eric went on about how we are busy. We are watching a movie. And just basically was saying ok to her. Like ok do what you want.

She keeps going.

I would like to speak to my son right NOW.
have him call me right NOW.

etc etc.

Eric finally said "I am not keeping him from you. That is ridiculous. Any judge would laugh in your face. You talk to him at least 6 times a week. it is not normal for our household when we have limited time to spend as a family each day. All anger aside, when we stop his day to call you when he just spoke to you the day before he usually rolls his eyes and sighs. It is very intrusive on our family to stop him whenever you decide you want him to call you. He will call you tomorrow."

And she just keeps going.

This, I guess, is why Eric always just lets things slide.

BTW our court order says we must afford O the opportunity to call the other parent whenever HE requests. And that the other parent can call O during normal waking hours. It does not say we are required to let him speak to her.
August 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She can't expect to interrupt his life with his father. He will still love his mother even if he has a good relationship with his father. It's okay that he has a good time at his father's house. Good grief.

If he loses his variance does he go to the better school that he's actually zoned for? If so, let her screw it up.
Rachel, Keakie and pickle0313 like this.
August 28th, 2012, 08:49 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Ugh. I'd be pissed if I was all of you.

She needs to be reeled in. O shouldn't have to drop what he's doing to talk to her. What would she do if he wasn't even at the house but out playing with a friend?
Rachel, Ember Rose, Keakie and 1 others like this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
August 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
Ugh. I'd be pissed if I was all of you.

She needs to be reeled in. O shouldn't have to drop what he's doing to talk to her. What would she do if he wasn't even at the house but out playing with a friend?
Let's be real she'd tell her or Eric to go down the street and get him.
Rachel likes this.
August 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Eric just tried to reel her back in.

I just checked my phone. She spoke to him 5 days the last week we had him. She claims she calls him 3 days at BEST. She is a pathological liar.

A few more things she's said. Taking you back to court. We can do this through the courts if thats how you want. Youre just being a jerk because you can. I am his mother, you cant with hold him from me. etc etc etc.

Eric said, okay if you claim its 3 then lets shorten in by one day. Every wednesday and friday you may request (not demand) that he call you. The request needs to come to ME, not jennifer. IF for some reason I do not reply within 15 minutes, THEN you may text Jennifer. No demanding. No requring. This every day bs has had me irritated for months now, but I bit my tongue because it made you happy, but to be honest, when it started becoming a demand not a request, I went from irritated to pissed."

She has not replied.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search