Katie

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By My2miracles
  • 1 Post By plan4fate
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
How are things going with Chloe back?
September 11th, 2012, 10:10 AM
.Katie.
Things are better.

She is getting so big and her emotional maturity is making things easier I think. BM is still being a douche. They skyped on Sunday for the first time, and much to our surprise BM had the little girls that they orchestrated Chloe to be friends with while down there so they could talk to Chloe. (Side note: These are the little girls that they apparently are using in court to replace Chloe's sisters. They even included in their most recent declaration that Chloe is SO close with these girls that they all talk about growing up and getting a house together in TX)

I might be paranoid, but those poor girls really gave me the impression that they were coached by BM (she is a master manipulator)-- the girls were already all before they even started talking to Chloe. Rather than being excited to talk to Chloe on the computer like I would've expected them to be, they were super emo and all they did was talk about how sad they were with her gone and all the things she was missing because she wasn't in TX anymore.

Then BM got on and did the same, even took it a step further and told Chloe how the neighborhood dog keeps coming around looking around for Chloe and being so sad because she can't find her. I thought that was a really low blow. Anyone that knows Chloe knows how sensitive she is about animals.

Anyway, things here are much better than expected and probably the best transition out of any of her trips from home to home, but I chalk that up to her growing up and I give her the credit.

That said, BM is still a massive douche canoe who uses every opportunity she can to make things hard on Chloe. She still doesn't let her talk about anything she does here, or refer to the other girls at all. To them, none of us exist and it's painfully obvious that Chloe gets that. I asked her after their last conversation why she feels like she can't talk about what goes on here and she said she is afraid of upsetting her mom. I told her that her mother should be happy that she (Chloe) is happy, and that I hoped she would learn to be comfortable sharing all her life with her mom, and not just want she wants to hear. This tendency Chloe has to omit things because she thinks it's what we do or don't want to hear is something we have been working on. But if BM keeps this crap up it's counter productive and does nothing to help that!
September 11th, 2012, 10:34 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Katie. View Post
Things are better.

She is getting so big and her emotional maturity is making things easier I think. BM is still being a douche. They skyped on Sunday for the first time, and much to our surprise BM had the little girls that they orchestrated Chloe to be friends with while down there so they could talk to Chloe. (Side note: These are the little girls that they apparently are using in court to replace Chloe's sisters. They even included in their most recent declaration that Chloe is SO close with these girls that they all talk about growing up and getting a house together in TX)

I might be paranoid, but those poor girls really gave me the impression that they were coached by BM (she is a master manipulator)-- the girls were already all before they even started talking to Chloe. Rather than being excited to talk to Chloe on the computer like I would've expected them to be, they were super emo and all they did was talk about how sad they were with her gone and all the things she was missing because she wasn't in TX anymore.
Is this really a valid point in court? That she is so close to a neighbors kids that should determine her living arrangements?? Seems like a far reach to me!!! And what 8 year old girl cries when they are going to see/talk to a friend? That does sound coached to me!!

Quote:
Things are better.

That said, BM is still a massive douche canoe who uses every opportunity she can to make things hard on Chloe. She still doesn't let her talk about anything she does here, or refer to the other girls at all. To them, none of us exist and it's painfully obvious that Chloe gets that. I asked her after their last conversation why she feels like she can't talk about what goes on here and she said she is afraid of upsetting her mom. I told her that her mother should be happy that she (Chloe) is happy, and that I hoped she would learn to be comfortable sharing all her life with her mom, and not just want she wants to hear. This tendency Chloe has to omit things because she thinks it's what we do or don't want to hear is something we have been working on. But if BM keeps this crap up it's counter productive and does nothing to help that!
That is sad that Chloe feels like she can't talk about her family in front of BM because she is worried BM will get upset! Sounds like BM wants everything to be all about her and Chloe knows that. I hope Chloe does not have to go live there!

September 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
.Katie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
Is this really a valid point in court? That she is so close to a neighbors kids that should determine her living arrangements?? Seems like a far reach to me!!! And what 8 year old girl cries when they are going to see/talk to a friend? That does sound coached to me!!
It's not. I do appreciate that they are letting her play with other kids though while down there finally. I think it's neat that she has friends she can look forward to seeing too. As far as the coaching goes, you have NO idea. I have heard BM in action. "You really really like (insert object, person, ect.) RIGHT Chloe??" "You don't want to do that because you dont want to make mommy sad RIGHT Chloe??" Chloe wants to please, and she has learned to care more about what other people want rather than having an opinion of her own. She's easy prey for bullies at school because of it (as we learned last year).

Quote:
That is sad that Chloe feels like she can't talk about her family in front of BM because she is worried BM will get upset! Sounds like BM wants everything to be all about her and Chloe knows that. I hope Chloe does not have to go live there!
BM tells her that Julie and Kaylee will never be her real sisters, and that this is Katie's (me) family not hers. She tells Chloe that they down in TX are her real family.
September 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

BM tells her that Julie and Kaylee will never be her real sisters, and that this is Katie's (me) family not hers. She tells Chloe that they down in TX are her real family.
That is soooo wrong!!!!! I just don't get people some times.
mom2more and Keakie like this.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Seriously as if friends were a substitute for siblings.

Quote:
For serious?!

I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I am.
September 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
That woman is a real gem

My Sister's mom did this to her when she was a child.. it took Dad dying for her to finally get past the emotional damage done in the first 11/13 years of her life (she then moved with her grand parents and hasn't seen her mom other than on the street since.. she's now 32 years old) and realize that my mom loved her just the same as the rest of us and that WE were so very much her family.

I really hope the judge, when you do get a trial, sees that what's best for Chloe is a balanced life. Between school and both homes, not having it be school and mom's. DH says he doesn't know how Eric signed those papers, he could not imagine for even a fraction of a second never having Reme around for a single holiday.
.Katie. likes this.
TTC #1 together since December 2011
ttc naturally until end of year

May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

Last edited by plan4fate; September 11th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
September 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Happy Mommy
oh my gosh what a mess
September 11th, 2012, 07:13 PM
.Katie.
It is a mess. There's a huge back story that explains why he signed and I support his reasoning. We had no idea she was going to suddenly decide after 6 years that she was going to be involved in Chloe's life.

This whole thing happened because I moved in and her fiance broke off their engagement. She even told Eric when it happened to give her Chloe because she needed something to live for. That pretty much sums her up I think.
September 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katie, I don't know your back story but sorry to hear all that ^ how crazy can crazy get?!

On a side note your 3 youngest look sooooo much alike its incredible! must be your awesome genes
.Katie. likes this.

September 12th, 2012, 11:27 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
She sure is a piece of work. I hate that not real family bs. Blood is blood so that's automatically family. Also, blood isn't required to make a family. Grrrr I bet she wouldn't say something like that to a person who's adopted. Stupid female beast.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm glad that Chloe's transitioning back fairly well. That must be a huge relief!

I'm so on your behalf about the emotional manipulation being done by her mother. That's just plain wrong. I anticipate the "not real family" stuff here when we have our own biochildren and like Rachel said, it really shouldn't surprise me that people say things like that, but it does. I'm so sorry Chloe's being put through all of that.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search