A LOT of nerve.....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By pickle0313
  • 2 Post By .Katie.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I mentioned before that bm and her 3 little kids moved in with her parents. Her parents have a 2bedroom condo. So parents have one room and she shares room #2 with 3 kids ages 6 and under. When sd was visiting the grandparents this summer bm left her abusive bf and moved in there. Before she came sd was using the 2nd bedroom, and then when bm came sd moved to the couch and shared it with one of the little kids.

BM sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that she would like to have the kids out there over Christmas Vacation and she would be willing to pay for 1 plane ticket if we pay for the other?!

Seriously, this lady has never given us $1 in child support. She has never helped pay for ANYTHING for the kids, never bought them school supplies, never done anything. Now that she is living with her parents she wants to keep in contact with the kids...fine. But expecting us to dish out nearly $300 for airfare when we are the only ones taking care of the kids....I just feel like its rude.

Not to mention she said she expects them to stay for the full 2 weeks since airfare is expensive and she doesn't get to see them often.

She doesn't see them often because she chose not to!! When she lived near us she rarely tried to see them. Then she decided to move halfway across the country from us.

Where are they going to sleep?? The couch is not a pull out. When sd stayed there she slept on it and her sister slept on the other side of it with her. So for 2 weeks sd and ss are supposed to share a couch?

September 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Lots of expectations there.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
What does your court order say about visitation and costs of it?

If it's not addressed in the order, I'd tell her to get bent.

Why hasn't your DH pursued child support enforcement?
September 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM
According to the court order she has no visitation. Hubby has sole custody, care, and decision making rights for the kids. He never went after child support because it would have prolonged his custody case, and to him all that was important was making sure that the kids would be with him. Since then he never bothered to go after child support because she doesn't have a pot to piss in. It would probably cost us more in legal fees than we would actually get from her. Women usually get the benefit of the doubt. She would cry poor me I have three other kids to support and a judge would order like $20 a week or something crazy. Not worth our time or money to persue.

September 26th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would tell her to *** off! she must be joking!

September 27th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hubby e-mailed her back and told her no. He told her that we just don't have the extra cash to send them and that she has not helped support them at all and it was a lot of her to ask us in the first place. He also told her that they have things going on during Christmas Vacation that would prevent them from being able to spending more than a few days there anyways.

Should be interesting to see her response.

September 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
According to the court order she has no visitation. Hubby has sole custody, care, and decision making rights for the kids. He never went after child support because it would have prolonged his custody case, and to him all that was important was making sure that the kids would be with him. Since then he never bothered to go after child support because she doesn't have a pot to piss in. It would probably cost us more in legal fees than we would actually get from her. Women usually get the benefit of the doubt. She would cry poor me I have three other kids to support and a judge would order like $20 a week or something crazy. Not worth our time or money to persue.
It would cost you nothing to go through the state for them to pursue it for you. I would do it, eve if it were $20 a month. It's not about the money, I understand, it's about the principal. And if she has no visitation pursuant to the Court order, then I wouldn't give her anything.

Quote:
Hubby e-mailed her back and told her no. He told her that we just don't have the extra cash to send them and that she has not helped support them at all and it was a lot of her to ask us in the first place. He also told her that they have things going on during Christmas Vacation that would prevent them from being able to spending more than a few days there anyways.

Should be interesting to see her response.
Good! Let us know how it goes!
September 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
It would cost you nothing to go through the state for them to pursue it for you.
Hubby tried to go that route a few years ago and the state place would not take an appointment. They wanted us to drive into the city and just sit and wait all day to get seen. Just a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
And if she has no visitation pursuant to the Court order, then I wouldn't give her anything.
Hubby has tried to do what is in the best interests of the kids and let them have somewhat of a relationship with bm, though she has put them through one roller coaster ride of emotions after another. But some say that she is their bm and we just have to keep letting her try?

September 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Happy Mommy
here the child support is all done by paper, you never have to have an in face appt. you send in paper work and they take it from there. It costs me $50 a year, and they take it out of suppor they collect, only after they collect at least 500(I think) in support.

I'd look into it. even if it's just for the fact of the matter, and it's a seperate issue from custody so not even looked at the same.

Good luck with her response. hopefully it works it self out
September 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
here the child support is all done by paper, you never have to have an in face appt. you send in paper work and they take it from there. It costs me $50 a year, and they take it out of suppor they collect, only after they collect at least 500(I think) in support.

I'd look into it. even if it's just for the fact of the matter, and it's a seperate issue from custody so not even looked at the same.

Good luck with her response. hopefully it works it self out
I wish it was all done by paper here! That would make things easy. Before hubby looked into it we thought that even though we wouldn't get much from bm whatever we did get we would just put in the kids bank accounts. After he looked into it and saw what a hassle it was we decided not to bother.

September 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
If it's a hassle, then I agree it's not worth the bother.

As for the visitation/plane ticket nonsense, if she has no rights to visitation/custody then sorry about her luck. What I would have said back to her is that she's welcome to take that money she was willing to spend on ONE plane ticket and purchase the ticket for her to fly THERE to see her kids. To me, that makes a lot more sense financially for both you and her, especially if she's not paying anything in way of supporting her children. (she should be able to afford it considering no bills since she's living with her parents and not paying you guys anything to support the kids) And her parents are obviously willing to help her, so they could watch her "three other kids" while she is visiting the two she's not helping support or raise in any way.
mom2more and Keakie like this.

September 27th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Hubby tried to go that route a few years ago and the state place would not take an appointment. They wanted us to drive into the city and just sit and wait all day to get seen. Just a PITA.
Yeah, sounds like a PITA. It's the same way here, but I guess in the end it would be worth it to me.

Quote:
Hubby has tried to do what is in the best interests of the kids and let them have somewhat of a relationship with bm, though she has put them through one roller coaster ride of emotions after another. But some say that she is their bm and we just have to keep letting her try?
Well, I meant in this instance. I wouldn't send them to her and pay for half of the travel. If she wants to travel to you to see them, then I would allow that. I would allow phone contact, but I certainly wouldn't be footing the bill for them to travel to her when she doesn't have any court ordered access to them and hasn't paid a nickel of support since he's had them.
September 27th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good for your dh. If she wants to pay the entire amount then I would consider it at least for part of the vacation.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
.Katie.
fyi we just spent over $700 on a one way plane ticket for the Sunday after Thanksgiving. You might want to get a run down of prices to show her before she thinks she can afford a Christmas ticket.
Keakie and pickle0313 like this.
September 28th, 2012, 07:15 AM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
Oh wow, the nerve of this woman!! I agree with her coming there to see her kids if she REALLY wants to see them but why make an arrangement and get the kids excited if she doesn't even know if she will be able to afford a ticket during the holiday's.

As far as the child support sometimes it is more hassle than its worth but that's coming from the chick that PAYS it. My ex makes over $100k a year and is still taking child support from me even though he doesn't need it.

I think it's awesome that you all are on the same page and said no to her.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

September 29th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I think your dh did the right thing. Wow, what a nerve.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search