Just a silly little whine.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't mind me. I have found that laughing about BM's predictable behaviors makes dealing with her easier. We had a very pleasant pick up on Sunday. O was riding his bike and we chatted about how he is growing up so fast.

Last week, I signed him up for soccer. And bought all the stuff he needed. When we picked him up last Sunday, I forgot the receipts. She refused to pay until she saw them. Understandable. I texted her the receipts as soon as we got home. I also gave her a copy of them when she came to pick him up this past Sunday. Haven't received any money from her.

Found out today that his first practice is this Thursday. We originally thought we'd have him for his first practice, so we didn't stress too much about her not paying us yet, figured we'd require the check before we sent the stuff with her since she tends to lose our stuff.

So I text her tonight, tell her practice is this Thursday. She has school till 6:30 so she cant take him. Eric is in New Orleans for work, so he can't go. He will be with his grandparents that day. So she says, "My parents will have to take him. When can I come get his gear?" I replied back, "I will be going to his practice too, so I will just bring it and meet up with your mom there." Then she asks for the itinerary and once again says, "When can I swing by to pick up his stuff?" And then a few minutes later says, "Oh sorry I just saw your reply. Thats fine."

Like.. it better be fine. You haven't shelled out a dime or an OUNCE of effort to get your OWN kid signed up for soccer, but it's "fine" with you that I keep what I bought? I spent over $120 to get this kid signed up for soccer and I love that she thinks I am just going to hand it all over to her. Once she pays half, then yeah we will send it back and forth, and when she's paid for half she might not be as quick to "misplace" it all.

It just makes me laugh.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, keeping a sense of humor is important!
Cesca likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you handled it well

October 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Happy Mommy
sounds like it went well.

hopefully O won't mind changing at the field. I know my kids would feel funny about that. but that could just be us
October 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very few things come free in life. She'd do well to learn that. Quickly.
October 3rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
So glad that you found a good way to deal with things. I often find that laughing about stuff is the best way to handled stuff.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
He won't mind changing at the field. I'll make sure I get there early so he can change as soon as he gets there in his grandmas car.

Its just shorts, whatever tee shirt he is wearing will be fine. And socks and cleats.
October 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've found with many things in life, humor makes it better.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
Yes humor can be the best medicine!
October 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
We did that with the boys. We paid both sign up fee's that got their uniforms and we bought the stuff for one boy and she bought the stuff for the other. And end of season the went home with her after their last game. And NONE of the stuff came back. We paid $60 for cleats for B plus his glove and all the other stuff that we got him. And she told them that since she took them to most of their games that she was the one that deserved to keep everything. It's true that she did take them to most of their games. But at the time I had a 1 year old. I couldn't be out until 10 or 11 and DH didn't get home until 5. So I would wait for him we would come watch a few hours of the game then she would bring them home. It just wasn't possible for us to be our there at every second of every game. But I only missed 2 games. The rest I was there for some amount of time. Even if it was just 2 hours.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

October 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We insist on receipts too. That said, my dsc's bm is regularly dishonest and shady about that kind of thing.

Humour definitely helps when dealing with crazy! It's about all you can do. Glad to hear that you're finding ways to help mitigate the frustration!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
October 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesaDreamer View Post
We did that with the boys. We paid both sign up fee's that got their uniforms and we bought the stuff for one boy and she bought the stuff for the other. And end of season the went home with her after their last game. And NONE of the stuff came back. We paid $60 for cleats for B plus his glove and all the other stuff that we got him. And she told them that since she took them to most of their games that she was the one that deserved to keep everything. It's true that she did take them to most of their games. But at the time I had a 1 year old. I couldn't be out until 10 or 11 and DH didn't get home until 5. So I would wait for him we would come watch a few hours of the game then she would bring them home. It just wasn't possible for us to be our there at every second of every game. But I only missed 2 games. The rest I was there for some amount of time. Even if it was just 2 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
We insist on receipts too. That said, my dsc's bm is regularly dishonest and shady about that kind of thing.

Humour definitely helps when dealing with crazy! It's about all you can do. Glad to hear that you're finding ways to help mitigate the frustration!
So his practice got changed. They switched his team to one that practiced yesterday so he essentially missed a practice. I told this to BM and she said, "You should ask for a credit. You paid all that money and he's missing practice time. Its their fault."

Yes, IIIIIIIIIII did pay all that money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search