The kids finally met... & I met the ex.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm back home now, after our 17 days with Lauriel and her kids. Can't say I'm happy to be home, because I'm really not... I'm so glad that the next time we see each other it's FOREVER.. no more horrible goodbyes at airports, no more 9-12 weeks without seeing each other.

The trip was good, the kids got on for the most part. The only issue we really had, was with Gaby (might as well say she's 6 now) & Eloise (8 1/2)... Both are the eldest child in their little sibset, and both have very strong personalities, and they clashed... A LOT! I think most of it is to do with the fact that Eloise is at the age that she sometimes likes to just sit down and relax, read a book, watch a DVD etc, whereas Gaby is all about playing. I think that got a bit much for Eloise! We know that over time they'll sort themselves out, and we aren't going to push them to be the best of friends. I'm hoping that when we're in our own house (not my house, or her house), things will be on a more even keel for the kids, and there won't be that whole territorial thing going on.

Aidan (5) & Gaby loved each other, Emmy & Eloise adored each other, and Aidan liked being 'big bruva' to Emmy... Whenever we met someone new, Aidan would introduce Emmy & Gaby as his sisters, it was so cute. He called me Step-Mum the WHOLE time, I don't think he once called me Emma I must say - it was weird having a boy child in the house... I'm used to girls!

And then I met the ex. He was friendly enough, but I could tell he was trying to come across as the 'boss', and as a dominant figure. He talks to Lauriel like she's a naughty 12yo, and I didn't like it at all... I think he's very much 'me man, you woman, me the boss'.

We did have a lovely time, and I know I can quite happily live up there, when the time comes to move. I will miss my parents a lot, but when we arrived back here, I realised that they are the only thing that is here for me... and I really can't wait for our big move!

Here's a couple of pics from our trip

our first night together - before Eloise & Gaby started clashing.. lol

at what we think is going to be our wedding venue

EmEm exploring

October 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome back! I'm glad it was a good trip. When will you be making the move?
October 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
We are moving up January 6th about 2 1/2 months to go now!

October 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad it went well. Even full siblings clash from time to time - just ask my sister

That place looks beautiful for a wedding!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
It sounds like it went pretty well! I'm glad to hear it! I hope the time before your big move flies - it is *really* hard to be apart, even if the end is in sight.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
October 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM
It is hard... but there are now 63 days to go until Lauriel and the kids come down (for Christmas, then our move happens)... so an end IS in tight.. but that kind of makes time feel like it's going slower! lol

October 15th, 2012, 09:32 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it went well!

I wouldn't worry too much about the two older girls clashing. Its a normal girl thing, I totally clashed with my sisters at times growing up. They will work it out.

October 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Happy Mommy
glad it went well!
October 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Glad it was a good trip. Welcome back.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search