He's moving.

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stepmom2Be

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She told me tonight at soccer practice. They're moving December 14th. They're moving to low income apartments, kind of in a bad area. Not too thrilled about it, but the apartments are gated. It's actually a mile from where I work and I work in a VERY rough neighborhood. It would almost make sense to switch our pick up time to Monday after school and I can just swing by on my way home, lol. They seem pretty nice. 3 bedrooms, so he will have his own space. Which he needs. When they were living at her parents house, they shared a bedroom and a bed.

She also said she tried to befriend her current roommates boyfriend. She said, "I went out back when they were out there, had a couple cigarettes and a drink with them." I might be mistaken, but isn't part of being a recovering alcoholic... NOT drinking?

I know most of what fueled her problem last year was a sever depression/mental breakdown. But she still relied on alcohol. I just hope she doesn't forget her priorities. I haven't told Eric yet because he's at work and is busy and will call me in a little bit. I wonder what his response will be.

And now we're having issues registering his car. When she went after him for back support, they put a lien on his car. Now that the back support has been canceled, but there is still a balance of like 800, the lien is still there. She agrees that the time we had him full time covers any back payments she was due. But now she has to call the court, get the paperwork, get it notorized, and send it in. This will probably take a very long time. Eric is fully prepared to take her to court over the extra $1800 dollars she got while we had O full time if she isn't cooperative. I just HOPE she is cooperative, because I like being civil with her, and us all getting along. I know court would ruin that.
October 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope she takes care of that paperwork quickly. The apartments don't sound ideally but at least it's her and O by themselves. Although with the 3rd bedroom she might be tempted to move another roommate in and then you're back to square one. :/ Hopefully that's not the case. As for the drinking....I hope she knows what she's doing. Because going to rehab is gonna go differently this time. O is older and he can see more and know more.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
I hope she takes care of that paperwork quickly. The apartments don't sound ideally but at least it's her and O by themselves. Although with the 3rd bedroom she might be tempted to move another roommate in and then you're back to square one. :/ Hopefully that's not the case. As for the drinking....I hope she knows what she's doing. Because going to rehab is gonna go differently this time. O is older and he can see more and know more.
I agree. I know for a fact if she messes up again, Nobody will go easy on her. Her family, Eric, O, the judge. I'm just really hoping that isn't the case. But why even flirt with the possibility? Why even have ONE drink?

She said she has the room for a roommate if she decides to. And I said, "Yeah but with your current situation I bet you're a little gun shy on that one!" and she laughed and said yeah no kidding. I said I'm sure O will love having her all to himself for at least a while.
October 24th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Man! I hope the move goes well. I hope she's not really drinking and she meant she had a coke or something. I also hope that you can get the car situation straight! When Neely was paying his ex child support when they lived with her, he got behind at one point and they suspended his license. He caught up, but didn't think he needed to do anything, but apparently you have to take paperwork from CSE to the MVA in order to get the license unsuspended. He got pulled over, got a ticket and could have been arrested. Thankfully we were able to straighten it all out without a conviction for driving on suspended, but it was such a hassle!
October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good that they are moving. I hope she meant a coke or something & not alcoholic. I hope she does the needed paperwork but be aware that even if she does, that doesn't mean it won't take some time to process.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Happy Mommy
I hope it goes well. if it's income based apts, then she shouldn't NEED a roomate, and on tope of that if she did get one her rent would go up, so better for her to keep it empty i'd think?

as far as having a drink, I hope she just meant a drink, like they had beer and she sipped a soda or something.

good luck with the paper work on the child support stuff!
October 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
As of right now, she doesn't want a roommate, which is good.

And 5 minutes prior in the conversation, she had said she thinks her roommate drinks too much. And she said, "Believe me I will be the first to admit the problems that can come from drinking!"

I just feel like if it was soda she would have said soda, just to avoid any confusion. I also did the math, she had O the night that she had "a drink" with them. Sigh.

Hopefully this is just us getting over worried.
October 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A lot of addicts think they can have just one hit or just one drink and have it not be an issue. Hopefully she gets into the place with O and realizes how happy things can be.
October 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'll just echo everyone else that I'm glad they're getting out of their current place, and I hope that "a drink" was not really what it sounded like.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
October 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah we can only hope.

Eric said "We just need to keep our ears and eyes open, we can't control her life."

So we'll see.

She brought the halloween costume that she bought him to soccer practice tonight to lend to us so we can take him to his schools halloween safe streets trick or treating tomorrow, which was super nice of her.
w292737 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search