Better use of money?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By Keakie
  • 2 Post By w292737
  • 2 Post By Doodlebug06
  • 1 Post By Ember Rose
  • 3 Post By Rachel
  • 2 Post By .Katie.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I go to check the mail and there is a package sitting there. From BM to the kids. $16 and change in postage to ship it according to the label. The kids open the box and it is a bunch of candy.

Okay, seriously? She really bought a crap load of candy and then paid $16 to send it to them!

Besides the fact that there is no way they are eating all this candy anytime soon I just feel like money can be better spent! Instead of buying junk she should see what they actually need. She probably spent $40 on candy. We could have really used help paying for the kids activities or something instead.

October 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh thats always frustrating!

Thats how we felt this year when she spent $75 on private swim lessons for a kid that can outswim any adult we know! lol.

Is any of it in bags? Like big grab bags from walmart? Cuz you dont need a receipt to return.....
October 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I am really trying to appreciate her efforts to be involved. It sounds like she's a 'Gifts' love language kind of person, and I realize she's struggling because she doesn't have a great idea of what they like and it honestly probably doesn't even occur to her to pitch in for activities (although I get the feeling she wants to be able to send something and have it be a gift from her alone, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing - just makes her desire to buy things more problematic).
Rachel, Ember Rose and .Katie. like this.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
October 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Happy Mommy
Lady. I keep telling you. Go for child support.
Rachel and Keakie like this.
October 25th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
If its for Halloween I don't see it as an issue myself. Halloween is coming up and maybe that's her way of doing something for them for Halloween. ? I shipped candy and stuff to my sk's in other states. =\
Ember Rose and w292737 like this.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

October 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We send the kids Valentine's Day packages with fun stuff. *shrug* Halloween is around the corner.
w292737 likes this.
October 26th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
perhaps she bought all the candy with food stamps and it was cheaper, cash-wise to ship candy that she didn't spend cash on, then to buy a real gift.

not trying to get into a food stamp debate, but I had a friend that would buy candy for gifts because she had more food stamps than cash.

At any rate,m seems kind of dumb to buy a crap ton of candy when they are about to get a crap ton of candy for free.
plan4fate, mom2more and w292737 like this.
October 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing she does makes any sense to me, but maybe she did use food stamps or something to buy it. Or maybe she just wanted to send something she thought they would like. Whatever. We had them call and thank her. We told them they can have a piece or two every night for their dessert if they choose. (At that rate they should be done with it by summer! lol)

October 29th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Happy Mommy
it probably never will make any sense. you'd be better off to stop trying to understand and just go with it.
October 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
.Katie.
Awe she's trying. Gotta at least give her that.
Ember Rose and w292737 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search