Random thought of the moment!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
Thought I would start a totally random thread. It can be used as a get to know you type thread with randomness thrown in! It's all for fun but we should keep it going! I feel like I know about everyone's issues in life but not the fun things!

I will start!

I have the whole house to myself ( well the dogs are here) what am I doing laundry! I hate laundry!!!!
November 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did all our laundry yesterday. Just went to the grocery store. Now I put my little one down for a nap and I am spending a few minutes on here before going and making lunch for the big kids. Exciting stuff! lol

November 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Laundry is the bane of my existence. I need to do it.

I just went shopping and had lunch with a friend. Picked my oldest son at work and we're heading home (he's driving). I'm gonna take a nap and then go to dinner with the same friend and our friend who just came home from boot camp.
November 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate laundry.

My house is a disaster, my kids are crabby & demanding, dh drove 3 1/2 hours to see his dds in a play & they can't manage to find 1/2 hour to spend with him , I have a broken foot & am so tired of the boot, so all in all I'm one crabby person.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, add us to the dreaded laundry list!

Went to O's soccer game this morning. We won!

The wedding is in 4 months and one week and there is SO much left to do. I'm a little worried, but I know we'll get it done!
November 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Yeah, we're working through a mountain of laundry too. We've got to take down Halloween decorations too, clean the kitchen, finish organizing the garage now that the weather is cool enough to do so, I need to vacuum and I'm sure there are a million other small things that need to be done that I can't think of offhand.

You must be excited, Jennifer! Those four months will fly by! Have you decided on colours, dress, etc?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
November 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
See, Kayla. That's why I don't decorate for holidays (except a tree at Christmas). The putting it up is so fun, but the taking it down is a chore!
November 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I find it more depressing than anything else, actually. I was genuinely sad taking down our Christmas decorations last year. This is actually the first time we've decorated for Halloween - it was dh's idea. We passed the decoration aisle at the store and he got all inspired - it was cute, so I couldn't say no (and I also am one of *those* people who would decorate ALL the things if time and budget would allow, so I wasn't hard to convince).

November 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh laundry sucks butt. I hate it so much that I make DH do it. lol

I'm a bit tired right now and would love a nap, but I still have his WHOLE family hanging about cause of the storm for almost an entire week now. I'm about to lose my darn mind.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Super Mommy
Yay everyone hates laundry like me! I did at least 6 loads today! I think I'm done!!!

I am actually looking forward to church tomorrow! This coming from someone who hated the church I grew up in and stopped going for 11 years!
Keakie likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I haven't gone to church regularly for about 11 years. My dad is an ordained baptist preacher, too. I go to church when I visit them, though. It started when I was attending a church where my dad was one of the pastors. One week he preached a sermon that basically was about the fact that we were an inner city church by location, but most of the members lived outside of the city and that because of that none of them felt the need to minister to the people who lived in the neighborhood of church. He basically said that the church needed more outreach and to piss or get out of the pot, so to speak. It upset about half of the congregation, the other half loved it and agreed with him. The other pastors met with my dad and asked him to apologize for upsetting members and he refused. They pushed and pushed and he finally resigned and left the church. I was still a member and really torn. I had been privy to some of the emails that went back and forth between my parents and the other pastors and I was hurt for them. So I stopped going. AND NO ONE FROM THE CHURCH REACHED OUT TO ME. I felt like I didn't matter and I was in the middle of a divorce and my husband had cheated on me and I was really in a bad state, so the church not caring enough about me to check in with me about anything, just I don't know, gave me a bad feeling about church in general.

Phew, I was long-winded.
November 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
.Katie.
I love you Rachel! I would've checked in!!!

We have an appt in a bit with the attny to go over the preps for Eric's deposition this week.
Keakie likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
I felt like I was just a number at my old church. Even though I attended the church school. They alway catered to the ones who gave more money.

I found a church that the members have gotten to know me and actually ask where I was if I miss a week.

The grown child came home from work all my quiet is done! Lol
Ember Rose and Keakie like this.
November 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Nursing Keelan to sleep and then I'm out! I don't know why, but I allowed 2 boys to have a friend spend the night.
November 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
.Katie.
Running into town to hopefully get a replacement for my phone which is having screen issues.
November 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hungry but I hurt too much to do anything about it. I'm so sick of traveling here and there. Blech!
November 3rd, 2012, 11:12 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Laundry... gah *hides* I have half a dozen loads to do tomorrow, and have to fold the laundry from LAST weekend. I suck. Oi.

But at least now I have time to do it. DH insisted I quit the awful job the other night, we've been having a rough go because I hated the job and it was coming home with me. Now I"m looking for part time retail (full time til Xmas if needed), after that I'll look for something more permanent, or I might go with DH to the next job.. who knows.
Ember Rose likes this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
November 4th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ashley- I'm bummed for you that you lose that income but I'm glad you told them where to go it sounded dreadful. I have faith you're gonna find something fun.

I might decorate my parents' house this year. They have decorations. I dunno one year we went out of town for Christmas and it's like the next year we were too old for it. Neither of the kids are with me for Christmas this year since D is deployed so...it kinda seems pointless. I might want the practice for baby for next year though.

Rachel-That's horrible what happened with your dad's church. How dare he try to share the word and Jesus's message that you should your fellow man and that means everyone? The inhumanity of it all. Poor dears. /sarcasm I'm happy to know he stood his ground. It's one of those things that renews your faith in humanity.

Speaking of church I'm more spiritual than religious. Want to have the person who married us (a Celtic priestess but she did a non denominational ceremony for us) do our baby blessing. Was promptly informed by Mama and D that I have to get the baby christened at my mom's church. Okay. Nice to know I have options. I'm blissfully ignoring it every time it pops up.
Keakie likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
lol I have the opposite problem. I want to have baby christened.. DH doesn't see the point since we have no intention on raising the baby in the church. For me it's less about the promise, and more about the tradition. So we shall see what happens when we one day pop out a little one.

We had never intended on needing my income to survive. it was supposed to be nest egg/play money. But DH says it isn't worth it. To know I was crying in the bathroom or my car rather than eating at work, did him in.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
November 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Rachel, I'm so sorry for your experience with your former church. I'm angry on your behalf (and on your father's) that the congregation dropped the ball so badly when it came time to really live the message. The church that we go to is one that dh's family has been involved with since it's founding almost 10 years ago, and they were active members of our pastor's former church before that. It's BIG, but I really do feel welcomed by the members, the pastor, etc. and they are big, big, big on GRACE which is wonderful, especially in the South where a lot of churches get caught up in the legalism and the craziness. I don't agree with the pastor on everything, but I do think he hits the nail on the head for most things (and all of the important things ). I *like* going to church, which was not the case when I grew up going to Catholic church and school. No offense intended to anyone who is Catholic -- I've just found that this church has ministered to me in a way that helps me to really *get it*, whereas my experience with Catholic church wasn't awful but it did focus a lot more on tradition over message and on feeling perpetually guilty instead of feeling joyful about His grace. I was sprinkled as a baby, but I'm actually considering a full baptism with this church in the near future.

Ember, I would probably decorate anyway. It's one of those things that just makes me happy. I'm one of those people though.

I think I've already said it on FB, but if not, I'm glad that you're out of there Ashley! It really isn't worth it if your soul is being sucked out every time you step into the building.

We had to go to Home Depot yesterday, and we picked up some wood/aromatic chips while we were there. We're going to open all of the windows and burn some in the fireplace this afternoon. We LOVE fall around here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search