It's been quiet in here!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I hope that that means everyone had a nice/relatively peaceful Thanksgiving.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
November 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Mine sucked. I slipped at work on Black friday and screwed up my ankle. I can't stand for more than a few hours, and even those hours are excruciating!
TTC #1 together since December 2011
ttc naturally until end of year

May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

November 25th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Oh no! I'm so sorry! That sounds awful!

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
November 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that blows.
November 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
yup, will have to find the cash to visit an urgent care t his week if I can't be on my feet at work. And then make work cover the cost cause it happened there. We have a feeling though I'm not going to be able to go back. It feels like the last ankle injury I had, which was multiple torn tendons (same foot too).

November 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds terrible!

November 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
Ours was mixed. Jonah had to work Thanksgiving. He was supposed to be done between 12p and 1p, so we hoped he would be able to go to my Granny's for Thanksgiving lunch. There was equipment malfunction at work so he didn't get of work until 5p. We did have a good time at Granny's, no family drama, and all of the kids were well behaved and Dani wore a shoe on her burn for the 1st time!

Thurs afternoon, we got invited to a friends house to eat supper Thurs nite, so we went, the kids had fun, as usual, Jonah finally got off work so we did get to spend some time together.

Fri, Dani went to her dad's for Thanksgiving so it was just me and Robert at home while Jonah worked. I finished most of my school exams for the term and Jonah worked 12 hours and brought home the flu.

We ended up leaving Dani at her dad's hoping she doesn't get sick, Jonah missed all weekend of work and we missed a big family gathering on my mom's side because there were babies there and I didn't want to share our germs.

Oh yeah, and we adopted a puppy yesterday, he will be home tomorrow.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

November 26th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ashley that sucks! I have a broken foot so I can relate.

Our Thanksgiving was fairly quiet. Dh worked Thurs so we had our official Thanksgiving on Friday. It was good seeing dsd. We did too much, stayed up too late & got up too early. So we're all tired now.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Ashley that sucks!

Mine was quiet and I missed the boys. But like Kris, we stayed up too late and getting up at 7 am today was tough. Daniel is having a tough time going to sleep at night in his room alone, so he was whiney and tired this morning.
November 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
yup, will have to find the cash to visit an urgent care t his week if I can't be on my feet at work. And then make work cover the cost cause it happened there. We have a feeling though I'm not going to be able to go back. It feels like the last ankle injury I had, which was multiple torn tendons (same foot too).
If you got hurt at work workers comp should be paying for all yoru doctors visits for the injury
Rachel and My2miracles like this.
November 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
If you got hurt at work workers comp should be paying for all yoru doctors visits for the injury
That's true. In fact, they shouldn't even ask for payment.
November 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
I am here. My phone app wasn't letting me log in so I wasn't able to post for a while!!

Sorry about your foot Ashley.

Oh no to the flu!!

Our thanksgiving was great!

I have been making tulle wreaths and been having soo much fun with it I may keep making them and do a craft show with them. We will see!
November 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Our internal portal at work has been down since Wednesday, so we couldn't file the incident report with Workers Comp. He finally managed to get it in yesterday and they called with my claim info this morning. I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow. I'm sure it'll go horribly because I'm not a sweller. I've torn ligaments and tendons 90% of the way through and not swollen. My doctors are used to this.. a new one may not understand or believe me. *sigh*.

that said, I am puffy. have limited range of motion and am killing my wrist and back keeping the dang thing elevated because I refuse to give up my computer. LOL.

November 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Our Thanksgiving was ok for the most part. It was our first Thanksgiving together as a little family--my bf's son joined us from 9-3 and then was picked up by his mother.

There was a bit of drama, however. My bf's son's mother cried before dropping him off because she felt like my bf was "taking his son away from her" and she felt like she was doing him a favor by letting him visit us for the holiday. She also got angry with my bf for me changing my FB profile pic to one of the three of us (me, my bf, and his son). I took it down because I know it's going to take some adjusting on all of our parts and I didn't want to upset her--it's not a big deal to me. But her behavior on the day kind of made me want to tell her to grow up...
November 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I was away for a whole week. Combine that with forum runner being down for a while, I didn't really have time to check in.

The first half of our vaca was awesome. The second half suck donkey butt. I'll leave it at that.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM

my new friend. Not broken, but close to doing so. Achilles is pulling at the bone and one ligament is ready to fray. 2 weeks in this, rest of this week off work, minimal hours next week, see dr again on the 12th. yay me?

November 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM
So sorry Ashley!
November 27th, 2012, 08:19 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks Ashley! but a nice mini vacay!!

November 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours was great! We went to Erics moms for thanksgiving. O enjoyed playing with his cousins. Spent a few hours there then made the 1 hour trek back to my moms to see my family that night. I went black friday shopping and thanks to coupons, sales, and ad matching, I spent $82 on $327 worth of stuff. All for O. I know I said I hate video games, but he is getting a Nintendo 3ds for car rides and waiting in line places and what not. He is also getting a bunch of board games, a portable dvd player (We are driving to San Diego in march this will be a lifesaver,) and lots of other goodies.

BM is still trying to play puppetmaster regarding this whole paperwork nonsense. He keeps trying to call her but she doesnt answer and wont reply to any texts related to the paperwork. We have now gotten 2 registration tickets because he needs the van to go to work, and we cant register it until she signs off on the paperwork, or we give her $800 that we don't owe her. It's a nightmare. Eric got a ticket a few weeks ago and he didnt tell me about it. I got furious. He told me he didnt tell me beause he was ashamed that he couldnt get this resolved, and angry at her for taking so long to do it. Yet the day before thanksgiving she texted Eric (When she had JUST seem him the night before at soccer,) and expected to talk to O right away because she had "an important question for him." So whatever we were on our way up north, not busy, so we had him call. This big important question?

"What color shower curtain do you want for your new bathroom?"

Sigh.

Ashley that sucks about your foot, I hope you feel better soon!
November 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Ashley that sucks! I know your pain. The boot isn't fun. I just got out of mine.
plan4fate likes this.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search