I guess we won the lotto?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue
  • 2 Post By plan4fate

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
and no one told me?
DH asked BM what the kids needed/wanted for Christmas.(he'd asked them and they rattled off like a million things he could barely hear cuz they put him on speaker phone) anyway she tells him "Kayley wants a doll house, I'll send you the link and Ethan wants a DS and needs clothes"
So we go to the doll house she wants, it's 250$, a nintendo DS is like 150$ we can't afford that!
we have a budget of 100 for each kid.. THEN she says "Christmas is tight hook a Nigga up" meaning she wanted extra with CS..
Apparently we're rich and I just didn't know it?
We even offered to go in half with her for the dollhouse and she said she couldn't afford that..
So now we're trying to find a cheaper dollhouse and figure out something for Ethan(besides the clothes clothes)
this woman.. like I get that she struggles, but EVERY YEAR she does this, I shop a little at a time for Audrey and we didn't have to buy her a single gift this month because I'd already gotten it all over the last few months... I feel bad for the kids, because she's making it sound like they won't have a Christmas if DH doesn't fork out the cash

December 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There's still time to find charities that can help. She can sit down somewhere with that foolishness. I would start asking in September so you can save or find really good deals. I don't know which dollhouse it is but I know one is really expensive BUT it was on a INSANELY good sale recently. (My friend was looking at it recently for her daughter.)
December 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you should def check out the good deals that are going on right now. they are all over the place. and check Amazon.com. you can find them used on there

On a side note, She seriously must be crazy that she thinks that you guys can afford that and pay more in child support. I hope she get her facts straight!

December 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we found a pretty good one for 105 and we have free shipping with Prime on amazon until the 19th, It's actually bigger than the one she wanted and fits barbies.
still no idea what to get Ethan though:/
I'm going to try and hit some after Christmas sales and get them some new toys for here, as their birthday gifts since we get them right after their birthday. I just wish she wouldn't be so lame about the whole thing.. I'm sure she is just saying all that to make DH feel guilty and give her more money, luckily it didn't work, but I'm still mad that she played that card.

December 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
dsi

here are some options if he really wants a dsi. some are better than others. Rhese ones are used but under $100

just trying to help
stresswife likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm gonna show that to DH and see what he thinks! he said earlier that he didn't wanna get Ethan one and not kayley since she wanted one too.. so we'll see.

December 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
NP! You did say birthdays were coming up as well... so Maybe she can get hers then?

December 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I agree with the used video games. We mostly buy used for the kids because they are so hard on them. Gamestop normally has them at a pretty good used price.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

December 13th, 2012, 11:14 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Used sounds good here.

But Liz... I'd certainly not be replacing something they were "too hard on". My parents would have been broke, even with used in months had they done that. My mom had the mantra "if you weren't careful, you're SOL."
My2miracles and Keakie like this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search