Have been MIA because lots going on

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last week SD broke two bones in her arm. She is in cheerleading and is a flyer (the person on top that gets "thrown" around). Anyways she got dropped during a stunt. She put her arm down to catch herself during the fall and it caused her to break two bones in her arm. We went to the ER. They gave her a temporary cast. The next day we met with an orthopedic surgeon and the day after he did surgery. Luckily he was able to pop the bones back into place during the surgery and didn't have to put any pins or anything in. Now its casted and we hope it heals well.

I posted on Facebook the day after the surgery. Then I realized that we never told bm...not that we have to, but to be nice I did. Texted her the details and stressed that sd was fine. BM texted back to tell her that "mommy loves her so very much" and to give her kisses and hugs from mommy. (I think I threw up a bit in my mouth since she has never been "mommy" and sd is practically an adult!
She hasn't called to check on SD or texted back since.

Other than that just busy with the holidays coming up. Lots of last minute stuff to do.

December 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
.Katie.
oh my gosh thats crazy!!!
December 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor thing! I'm glad she's doing OK! I hope the bones heal nicely.
December 20th, 2012, 08:32 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope she heals nicely, I have been super over here. Between Christmas shopping and then my dd had her 1 yr shots and now having a reaction to something. Its just been a very crazy week. So I completely understand why you have been MIA.

And my own mother who I havent seen or could really care about calls herself mommy or mom, like when Im talking to her on the phone, she will say momma broke her foot today, but momma feels ok. Irritates the crap out of me bc one I dont call her momma and too, I know who she is, she doesnt need to talk in third(?) person to me.. ugh.
mom2more likes this.

December 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
then my dd had her 1 yr shots and now having a reaction to something.
I hope she is okay!! What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
And my own mother who I havent seen or could really care about calls herself mommy or mom, like when Im talking to her on the phone, she will say momma broke her foot today, but momma feels ok. Irritates the crap out of me bc one I dont call her momma and too, I know who she is, she doesnt need to talk in third(?) person to me.. ugh.
LOL! My skids BM calls herself mommy to them and whenever she talks to them or texts its always all this "love them with all my heart" type nonsense. She really should call herself selfish stranger...much more accurate! lol

December 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh no sorry she got hurt I hope it heals quickly.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we don't know, the first doctor said it was a reaction to the chicken pox shot then the next said it was from virus she had. and that she also had an ear infection.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search