Update

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 1 Post By Stepmom2Be

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So today O went to the doctor. All 3 of us went.

According to the Dr, O does NOT have a heart murmur. Also according to the Dr, he does NOT have asthma. He actually told her, "Don't try to find things wrong with him, he's the healthiest boy I have seen in a while!" I asked the Dr if O should ever be given an inhaler if he showed signs of "asthma," and he said, "Absolutely not!"

So then we get home, and out of nowhere, he says, "I don't know why my mom thinks she takes better care of me."

We probed him a little bit and this is what he told us.
  • He used to be with us only on the weekends, and even though we had lots of fun, he wanted to be with us more.
  • His mom thinks he should spend more time with her because she is his mom and she gave birth to him
  • We are blaming her for his cavities and saying its all her fault.
  • She does a better job and knows how to take care of him more than we do

So we tell him the next time his mom talks about us to him he needs to tell her to stop. He said he doesn't know why she thinks that when he has more fun with us anyway. We asked him point blank, have we ever said a mean thing about your mom to you? and he said, of course not!

The brainwash she is trying to do is backfiring and it is nobody's fault but her own!

Oh well. We're over it, just thought I'd share. I found it kind of sad actually.
January 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yup some parents are famous for pulling those stunts. I'm glad the Dr visit went well and he has nothing wrong with him. Hopefully, she'll stop trying to brainwash him, but don't hold your breath. Ours still does till this day.
Ember Rose likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 16th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Oh I bet she will. But what she doesn't realize is Eric is much better at these things than she is. When we got to the Dr she had already checked him in and paid the co-pay. (We made the appointment.) After the Dr visit we tried to give her $17.50 (copay was 35) and she said "Nooo you paid for his soccer which was 32.50 each so it's only a 2.50 difference. We tried many times to explain to her that we paid HER 32.50 and she paid OUR 17.50 but she didn't get it.

Finally tonight at soccer we put O in the car and called her over. We said, here is a check for 35 to cover the WHOLE copay. We have now paid 17.50 for your half of the copay AND 32.50 for your half of soccer. Sign this paper saying we are deducting 50 dollars from what I owe you. it finally clicked for her and she signed it.

The battles are long, but in the end, worth it. She kept her distance at soccer. Didnt sit right with us but sat a few feet away so O could easily bounce back and forth. She knows I don't want to be BFF's but she knows we need to keep it friendly for O.
stucklikeglue likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor O!
January 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the DR set her straight and you guys know he is healthy!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Definitely. We told him if ANYONE tells him he has asthma or tries to give him any medicine that we don't know about, he needs to tell them NO and have them call Eric.

Eric is supposed to be informed of ANY medications he takes.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Happy Mommy
I'm glad the appt went well
February 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I get the impression this kid gets caught in the middle a LOT.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search