You have one job

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
and that is to get receipts from the pharmacy to my dh in one piece.

Crazy emailed us yesterday to ask a few questions about medical insurance, and then asked if she should mail us the original receipts or if an email copy would suffice. (For those who haven't followed our story - bm's "copies" are bogus non-receipts, and our lawyer has told us several times that if she doesn't give us an original receipt to give her nothing.)

We answered her questions, asked that she mail the receipts and gave her our current address. Back in November, she told us that she had applied for prescription assistance and that it should be approved any day now. She hasn't mentioned it since, so we also asked if we could get an update about the prescription assistance.

She came back saying that she needs to send updated co-pay information to the company in order to be approved (she applied in November, our insurance only changed recently following the move and she was only made aware that it had changed yesterday) and then asked if a receipt was lost, would a copy be fine or should she send it certified mail (which costs something like $5-6 per letter currently).

We asked for clarification about the prescription assistance, given that her answer made no sense and told her that on the advice of our attorney (and to repeat what we've said in a dozen other conversations with her) we will only reimburse expenses for which she provides an original receipt. We have not had any issues receiving mail from USPS, but she's free to mail things however she likes. We did let her know that we would not be helping with postage costs if she did choose to use certified mail because frankly it's expensive and unnecessary.

This morning she sent back another non-answer about the assistance (she says she was approved but has not benefited from it and needs to submit new information, which doesn't make any sense) and that she would make copies of the receipts, mail us the originals and if something came up she "trusts that a copy will suffice".

So in other words, she completely ignored what we said, both yesterday and every other time we've told her she needs to provide the receipts.

This has been a *constant* battle with her. She loses or damages receipts, and sometimes just refuses to give them to us. On one occasion, she stood in her driveway and insisted that she did not have receipts for what she was demanding payment for, dh said, "Well, then I can't reimburse you." and we turned to leave... and she ran back inside the house and suddenly knew exactly where all the receipts were. We have reimbursed every real receipt she has given us. The only things we have refused are not actual receipts (things with a list price but no payment information or date) and on one occasion, a prescription that she paid full price for because she either went in to refill it too early or the pharmacist processed incorrectly. We paid her what 50% of the co-pay should have been, and told her she would need to speak to Aetna directly for her reimbursement for the rest. Frankly, no one trusts her not to be reimbursed through them and to still demand dh pay her for it.

If it were, say, once that she lost something, it might be different. As it is, she's fought tooth and nail against providing receipts since day one, and we're not willing to play games with her anymore. If it's important to her that we pay her that $15, she can ensure that the receipt makes it from the pharmacist to dh in one piece. Period. He ensures that they have medical coverage and we send her up to date cards as soon as we receive them. All that she needs to do is move receipts. I have a box of receipts for everything we buy with the exception of groceries and gas, in the event that something breaks and we need to return it. It's not a huge amount of work to toss receipts into a shoe box or a ziploc bag when we come home. She can do the same.

In addition, there's a chance that she's receiving secondary insurance (either through Medicaid, SSI or a local, similar program called PeachCare or something like those programs) that she's not being honest about. We picked up my middle dss' prescription back in November and the pharmacist said it was "split billed". We asked her about it and she said she had no idea what he was talking about. I'll be interested to see what comes of that when we go to court. I have to wonder if she regrets filing her insane case now.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
January 23rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Happy Mommy
oh my gosh, what a mess
January 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
ugh. I really hope she does regret it.

your new place big enough for everybody?
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Last edited by plan4fate; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
January 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
It's mostly annoying. No judge is going to agree that receipts are unnecessary, even without taking her long and provable history of lying and sneaking around. We've made our position on receipts clear, and if she really wants to test us again, she can knock her socks off. She's been anything but forthcoming about the medical information, and we really don't have a choice but to be clear about what we will and won't do.

Our current place is an apartment, so no. However, we chose this place because we were really short on time and we have a short term lease so we'll be looking for something more permanent in the spring that will better accommodate everybody, whether it's for summer and holiday visitations or all the time.

January 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
asking for receipts, REAL ones, is not a hassel and she is being unreasonable!
if she's getting secondary insurance will you still have to pay her?

January 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
We would still be covering 50% of whatever she has to pay. If a secondary insurance covered the copays completely, then no (and her collecting money from dh anyway would be blatant fraud). If it just covered some of the remaining cost, we would pay 50% of whatever is left that she has to pay (and her collection a full 50% of Aetna's co-pay would still be blatant fraud).

January 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would for sure try to find out how long she's had, if any, secondary insurance!

January 23rd, 2013, 07:36 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh man I'm sorry. I've dealt with this on a work level and it freaking sucks! I can't understand how it's so hard to hold on and send out original receipts, when you KNOW they're needed to be reimbursed!!! My old boss had a client who he was the guardian of the property for and the daughter was the guardian of the person, being guardian of the property included how the money was handled. Well, being a boss, he delegated that job to me and I hated dealing with that client. The stuff the client was doing with the money was so frivolous that the money would have been all spent long before the person in need of guardianship would come to pass. Ugh I still have receipts for things that are years old that we no longer have. I have to periodically go through them and toss the really old ones. It's really not that hard to do.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search