Vent!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
I just need to vent for a few minutes. The weekend of Jan 27, Jonah's sister's fiance beat the crap out of her. Her 18 month old daughter was there too. He went to jail and she to the ER. She asked us if she could come here until she can find a place to live locally because she wants away. Jonah, Sean and I left out Friday to go get her. The u-haul we rented had a messed up brake-light so we had to get that fixed and ended up leaving about 3 hrs later than planned.

Saturday we get to her house and there was no signs she was close to being ready to move. We pack her and load as much as we can in the U-haul. Next we were supposed to go to her BF's parents to get the rest of her stuff. This is now mid afternoon Sun (We are 6 hours from home too). The parents decide that she can't get her stuff until Monday. Yeah, I know. So then she decides to wait until Monday to get the rest of her stuff, but I had to come home because Sean has school Monday and the other two kids would be home too. Sean and I head out and Jonah stays with his sister to help her. I had to bring her daughter with us because they did not have room for her and Jonah to both ride. They were supposed to leave by noon YESTERDAY! They are still in Alabama and now Jonah says she does not know when they will be on the way!

I am done with all of this. Not only have I put out significant money for the move but now I have an extra child and just me! Sean helped out yesterday and took Robert with him to go buy boots. I am not able to get much school work done since my niece is here (and it looks like I will not get all my work done for this week). I have not slept at all for two days. I don't feel good.

When I got home, I found out that Dani called my dad to come get her from her dad's because her dad was drunk, screaming at everyone and she got scared so she wanted her Pop since I was not home. Now I have to deal with my ex-husband showing his butt and not following the terms of his visitation, I have an extra child, plus my mental state is not the best right now. I also found out someone has "borrowed" Jonah's debit card number too!

I just feel overwhelmed. Luna is not napping hardly at all and not sleeping since she is in a strange place. I am just upset at the entire situation. I am done.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

February 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Oh my word. That's A LOT to have on your plate! I'm so sorry that all of this is hitting your family at once. I can't even imagine. Poor Dani - my heart breaks for that little girl every time her bd pulls his stunts. Sending lots of hugs and prayers for peace for your family.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
February 5th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Super Mommy
Send you lots of hugs. Wow so much to deal with. I hope Jonah gets home soon.
February 5th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's out of chances. What a ****bag of a father. Dani deserves so much better than him. Ugh.

I'm sorry Jonah's sister is being ungrateful.
February 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
They finally made it in at 1 a.m. It turns out she decided that she needed a last night with the guy that beat her up. She never called me once to check on her baby. I talked to a family member of hers and they said this is not the first time she left Luna like that. The reason she did not want to go back to her mom's was because her mom told her when she is there she has to be a responsible parent. I made it clear that I am not a built in baby sitter and neither is Sean. We don't party at my house. We are too old for that and have too many responsibilities. I told Jonah she needs to get her own place ASAP. To make matters worse one of her cats (which was supposed to be locked up) got in my room and peed on everything!

February 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Regular
Wow, I am sorry you are going through all this. It sounds like you just wanna help and that brings all this trouble into your life. I would say your DH owes you a professional massage
February 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cat pee is horrid to try to clean. She needs to go asap. Ugh!
February 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a terrible situation for you!! Living with anyone else is hard, but it sounds like this will be even more trying. Put your foot down right away so you don't get taken advantage of! Have you and Jonah set up a time frame for her to get a job and her own place?

If not then maybe he should. Like you have a week to settle in and then you need to get on the job hunting and apply for childcare assistance, medical, food, housing, etc. We will help you out for a month or two, but thats all we can do, etc.

February 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
She has found a place she likes and is looking at it on Saturday! She is spending hours at a time outside and leaving the baby inside with me. She says she is smoking, but Jonah does not smoke that long outside! I told Jonah to say something or I will. I can't just ignore a child crying for food and milk and a diaper so full it is falling off! She will not like me if I say something. This is old already! The bedroom they are staying in is trashed! Stuff everywhere. When it was time to clean up from supper last night, she conveniently disappeared. She wanted me to keep Luna when she went to look for a storage unit, but I had to do school to make up for while she was in Alabama. She didn't want to but her child went with her, Robert stayed here with me doing his homework. Sean and Dani were at church.

February 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh boy I can't stand it when family takes advantage. Did she like the place she looked at?

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search