Introducing myself

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all,

Been lurking a little bit on this board and it seems like a solid, respectful forum for step-mommying issues...

A little about my situation: DF and I are getting married in July. He has one son, S, age 3.5. S's mom's house is about 3 minutes driving (easily walkable) from my house with DF. When S stays with DF we spend our time at DF's parents' place--until after our wedding in 5 months; then we will begin transitioning to 2 primary residences. Make sense? We are casually TTC (will crack down after the wedding) but I have PCOS and tried unsuccessfully for 3 years with my ex, so it will probably be awhile.

Overall, our situation with S and BM could be SO much worse! I remind myself of this every day, when I start to feel overwhelmed or frustrated. For the most part DF and S's mom are very civil. They see each other every afternoon to pass off S (DF picks him up from school and spends time with him; he goes home for dinner, bath and bedtime with mama every night). We have been working pretty well as a unit to get past the hurt feelings, insecurities and fears, but lately BM has distanced herself.

At first I thought great, this is healthy, she needs distance and her own space/life. But now she's announced she's firing the therapist all 3 of us see for being "judgmental of her spiritual path" and obviously, DF and I are a little freaked by this, not having any idea what this means. Our therapist is wonderful, and never judgmental. BM has planned a "retreat" for Spring Break so DF will have S; but she refuses to tell us where she is going or why.

So that's as much as we know about that. I struggle with all kinds of anger, resentment and jealousy towards her, but I don't need to get into all of that now...I'm sure it's nothing y'all haven't been through in some form, and it's sure to come up soon enough, so for now

Hi! And I hope to get to know you all better soon!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
February 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Hi and welcome!

We stayed with my il's while we had my dsc for awhile too. For us, it was a space issue. I'm glad that your situation with bm is better than average, and hope that whatever weirdness is going on with her and her retreats/issues with the therapist clears itself up.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
February 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Hi and welcome to the board!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

February 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!!!

February 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!

February 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Happy Mommy
welcome!
February 20th, 2013, 08:20 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Hello, welcome to the group.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 21st, 2013, 03:22 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome!!!
February 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Regular
Hello and welcome.
February 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been a lurker here as well! Glad to hear your situation with the BM isnt to bad hopefully she will let you guys know where she is going and whats going on with her.
February 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hi! I'm new too And like you, I am struggling with anger, jealousy, and resentment towards DHs ex. It's hard to work through, but definitely worth it!

I truly hope that your step son's BM works through her issues and whatever it is she is going through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search