Newb

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
My name is Emma, I have 4 children ranging from 10 months to almost 7. Their father and I had an awful on and off relationship. He doesn't pay any child support, or help with our joint personal loan etc. He was/is abusive.

My new partner is a wonderful man who has two children, 14 and 9. His ex is still fairly involved with the kids, but he has them in his care.

So I just thought I'd pop my head in here, I know as time goes by and issues arise it will be good to be able to talk to those who understand both sides of the fence (BM and Step Mum). The kids get along, they're all happy with us being together. We live in separate homes and have no plans for changing this arrangement anytime soon but I know when the times comes for that, things may get difficult. So, hi!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
April 16th, 2013, 07:23 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hi I'm still pretty new here, too I'm Amy and I have a 2.5 year old DS, Max, and a 4.5 year old DSD, Sam.

April 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
Also a newbie! I'm Stephanie and have a 13 yo son from my 1st marriage, a 2 yo daughter and a daughter on the way with my husband now. My husband has a 9 yo daughter from a previous relationship.

My son lives with us full-time and his dad lives out of state. We all have a great relationship and life is good with moms, dads, stepdads, stepmoms.

My stepdaughter lives with us one week on/one week off. BM is obviously local. Things have been good between all of us for about a year. The previous 5 were hell on earth.

Despite having working relationships there are still challenges.

Glad to find y'all!
April 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome I'm Samantha and I have one daughter with my husband who is two , he has two children from a previous relationship Ethan and Kayley who will be 8 and 6 in May

April 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Samantha, I can't read to save my life today, I was so confused by your sentance. I kept reading that your husband was two, and I couldn't figure out two what. Der! I'm not at all with it.

April 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks ladies both BM and my ex live about 3 and 5 hours away, so unfortunately SK don't get to see BM as much as I'm sure they'd like. Amy ex, he just doesn't bother. They call him once a week and that's about it.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
April 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey & Welcome

April 28th, 2013, 07:44 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

May 5th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks

May 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hello Emma

I'm so glad you've found someone special!!! You deserve it!

May 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks Emma

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search