Feelings hurt

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
Late yesterday afternoon, Jonah and I went to the grocery store. On the way home, the ambulance passed us. I cut the scanner on to see if I could see what was going on, but really didn't think too much about it. When we got home, the ambulance was at the horse barn across the driveway. One of the people they give riding lessons to had been thrown from her horse and was badly injured. No one had arrived to help EMS yet, so I jumped in and helped stabilize the patient and get her ready for transport.

I left the two younger kids with Jonah to keep them out of the way. They watched and were amazed. Dani and Robert had never seen me in full medic mode.

After the ambulance left, the neighbor who owns the horse farm came up to me and said in a really mad tone "Why weren't you home when I needed you?" I understand that she was upset that an accident happened, but I don't work for her and I am not required to sit home every time her employee gives a riding lesson unless she puts me on the payroll for her farm. Her anger and tone of voice and the way she crawled me for going to town was very upsetting.

I was working on the ambulance and was the primary medic the day her dad died. Her husband made some very hurtful comments at the hospital about some of the treatment decisions that were made. All of these comments were talked about and apologized for 2 days later, but still, they hurt.

I really miss being able to work on the ambulance. I would go back to work in a heartbeat if I could, but am I wrong for feeling like I should not have to sit home and wait for something to happen, just in case?

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

May 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Your feelings are right. Unless your on payroll you do not need to be there to sit and wait.

On the other hand when things happen people tend to lash out and everyone is at fault. Once they have calmed down and see the whole picture the realize they were wrong.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
stardusthealer's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry she snapped at you like that. You're feelings are definitely right its not your job to hang out to wait for something to happen when you are not on her pay roll.

1. Mom to Arielle13,Tyler 10.5, Dylan 8.5 and Autumn Rayne 21mths and Step dd Nevaeh 3

May 5th, 2013, 05:01 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Um what? Is she serious? Sorry but unless you are her employee, you don't sit around home for her for any reason at all!! Bugger her, don't worry about it. She's completely out of line.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search