ex mil

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 02:40 AM
stardusthealer's Avatar Super Mommy
Does anyone have trouble with their ex mil bad mouthing you to the kids?

1. Mom to Arielle13,Tyler 10.5, Dylan 8.5 and Autumn Rayne 21mths and Step dd Nevaeh 3

May 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Not yet, only because she hasn't spent anytime with them. I know it won't be long before it starts though. She used to bad mouth my exs father to him growing up. Ridiculous when it happens. No matter how awful things were, the kids should never hear anyone talk badly about either parent. Even though my ex was/is a total douche canoe (love that word lol) I would never say anything bad about him around the kids.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 26th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I'm so nervous about this for when we have our first child together. My MIL badmouths my stepson's mother all the time. Usually she's subtle about it, but I'm pretty sure the little one can pick up on it and it kills me. One time she outright said "you need to brush your teeth or you'll have a rotten mouth like your mother". She's just awful to her. And me too...So far she's said that I'm promiscuous, mentally unstable, that I use people, and she banned me from attending 'family dinner' because I missed last week to reconnect with my half sister.
May 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No, my son's grandparents (on his dad's side) don't know about him.

May 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
My dsc's maternal grandmother says all kinds of horrible things about dh to and in front of the kids (although that's not really any different from the kind of things she'd say and do even before dh and bm divorced - not that they were on speaking terms with her for several years prior to that because even lunatic bm knew how crazy her mother is - pretty sure they only have a "good" relationship now because bm's parents give her a lot of money and don't mind joining her in her dh bashing).

My il's hold no real fondness for bm, either - they think she's spiteful and negative and petty and they hate that she uses the kids to punish my dh for ??? (I don't know what exactly - not wanting to be married to her, for being happy now, I don't know) - but they've never said an unkind word about her in front of my dsc. They don't go out of their way to mention her themselves, but if the kids say something about her my il's have always put on their big boy/girl pants, smiled and been polite.

*She* doesn't deserve it, but my dsc do. Psychotic, delusional jerk or not, she's their mother and their relationship with her is theirs to determine (just like their relationship with their father should be theirs to determine).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
May 28th, 2013, 07:54 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
That's horrible hun and I'm so sorry you have to go through that

Me ex-MIL I don't think would say anything. She's not too fond of me right now, because my ex can't relay stories correctly (because ya know, he never does anything wrong), but I don't think she'd say anything bad about me in front of my daughter.

Although, I don't have to worry about it much since my ex-MIL lives across the country. Blessing in disguise.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

May 29th, 2013, 06:40 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thankful I dont have that issue. When my ex and I were together me and my MIL didnt always get along and went for a year without speaking one time. However since we have split when he was living with her she saw he didnt do anything with our DD and realized why I left. We talk and she calls to check on Zoe every couple of weeks and as far as I know hasnt said anything bad about me to her.

Hate that you guys have to deal with that. Hope it gets better!

May 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
I don't have that problem with my ex-mil now. There were lots of issues when the divorce happened. We communicate about Dani pretty regularly and she was actually a supervisor of my ex-h's visits when things got bad. She had to talk to me because Dani could not go to her dad's for visits.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

May 31st, 2013, 06:45 AM
stardusthealer's Avatar Super Mommy
My ex mil seems to be getting worse. I'm not sure why she seems to think i'm the bad guy. she has always been they type that no one is as good a parent as her but none of her grown children have anything to do with her unless they want money because she is so emotionally abusive to all of them.

1. Mom to Arielle13,Tyler 10.5, Dylan 8.5 and Autumn Rayne 21mths and Step dd Nevaeh 3

May 31st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
My ex mil is a pain because its her way or the highway. Even her kids have to deal with it. So we kinda just let her go for a bit and then when we need to say something I send the ex to do it. His mother he can deal with her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search