Struggling To Blend

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By My2miracles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 10:00 PM
My 6 yr old son is just not connectig with my new husband. My son is very disrespectful and makes it clear he only needs to listen to me. My ex husband (his dad) is very bitter with me for divorcing him and takes it out on the kids. He talks about me and my new husband negatively in front of the kids..he tells them he will get custody of them one day (this hurts my children..they tell me mommy I will cry for you) I believe he is telling my son not to listen to his step dad. I just don't know what to do. There is no talking to my ex he is very stubborn, childish etc..

My son has anger issues from having to witness his dad lose his temper all the time..he actually hurt my son which was the last straw for me and it ended in divorce

The man I am with now is very much family oriented he is a hands on father but my husband will not let him get close..this hurts my husband

I just dont know what I can do
July 27th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I also want to add my ex husband is very aggresive. He has been physical with me and I mentioned above he hurt my son out of anger. When I filed for divorce I mentioned this to the lawyer and he totally disregarded it saying "just cause he treated you ****** doesn't mean he treats the kids that way" but he does! I went to the police who told me unless I showed up bloody theres nothing they can do so I couldn't get anything done there.

We have our exchanges for visitation in a public place but ex has lost his temper more then once this last time was directed at my now husband. When the ex was leaving I saw him punching his steering wheel over and over while driving away. I am scared for my kids there because I don't want to have the wait and see if he will hurt them out of rage again approach. My 4 yr old adores him and thinks daddy walks on water, I know she will be dissapointed when she gets older and sees him for what he is

I'm going to have my son talk to a coucelor because of the anger and clear signs of struggle I see with him but do you think its possible the councelor will want to get to the bottom of his dads "mental issues" I dealt with for so long?

I've mentioned co pareting classes so we can co parent them to the best of our ability but he wants nothing to do with it. I sometimes wish he would just go MIA so my now husband can be the great father he is and have a relationship with my son he deserves.

We are having a hard time as a new couple dealing with my ex's crap which is what it seems he's trying to do anyway Very frustrating

I have 4 kids under the age of 6 and one is a newborn so I'm already overwhelmed but add a 6 r old disresspecting his stepdad daily it just keeps piling on
July 30th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Get a retraining order for your children against your ex-husband so that he won't be able to meet them and poison their minds against you.
August 1st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This thread is a year old....
Spottts likes this.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search