Summer is over

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We took the kids home yesterday, it was kind of a long drive, not looking forward to do that 4 times a month, we did get to see where the kids live though, I didn't go inside but the outside looked kind of well, "trashy" broken furniture piled up on the front porch garbage cans laying in the yard... DH said the inside was really messy (but I can't hold that against her, my house isn't cover a magazine clean, thanks to being a parent lol)
I'm hoping she'll agree to meet him halfway, because it's like almost a 2 hr drive one way and if we do that on friday and then again sundays, two weekends in a row every month that's a lot of driving and gas..
she did wave at me when DH came out of the house though.
DH said she acted annoyed that Audrey and I came with him, but I wanted to spend time talking with DH on the ride.

August 25th, 2013, 08:13 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Why should she get the right to be annoyed that you both went with him? Not her life, not her choice, not her right. I hope she agrees to meeting halfway!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

August 26th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
because she had it in her head I guess that he would "hang out" awhile..

We told her she still needed to get like 4 things from their school supply list, things I couldn't find but the list said you can get them at the local radio shack, she texted DH saying why did we even bother getting them stuff if we weren't going to get it all...
like really? we bought 3 brand new outfits for them each, bought backpacks, bought EVERYTHING but the items I couldn't find, spent quite a bit of money and she can't even appreciate that we didn't even ask her to go in half?
She was also mad that DH didn't buy them a 3rd pair of new shoes and that we didn't send all the clothes they had here back with them.. he told her "well I bought them two pairs of nice shoes, you lost kayley's nikes at the lake and Ethans basketball shoes got torn up by your dogs, so no I'm not spending more money on nice shoes when they'll get torn up and the kids need clothes here, we bought them school clothes but they're keeping everything we buy them at our house for their visits."

August 27th, 2013, 07:38 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Of course you went with him! Especially if it is a 2 hour drive. I almost always ride with DH when we take DSD back, just because it's a good hour or more of driving. It's nice to get to spend the time together. And as far as him "hanging out" that sounds a little crazy to me.

I also think she's being a bit ridiculous with the school stuff. Didn't she get upset that you bought them anything at all? And now she is upset you didn't get everything? It sounds like there is no way to win. And 2 pairs of shoes is plenty! DS definitely never has more than 2 pairs of shoes at a time. He plays to hard in them to make it worth it.
HippieLove likes this.

August 27th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah the hanging out thing is weird. Glad he had an excuse not too. I agree with the schools supplies. She should be happy you got everything you could. And I agree with the 2 pairs of shoes. They grow out of them so fast that it doesn't pay to buy more.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Er no, why would he hang out with her? if he is going to hang out, then it doesn't matter that you're there. I always go with Loz to take the kids or pick them up from BM.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

August 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
he was never going to hang out with her, she just wanted them too.
there really is no winning with her, Nothing we do is ever enough ..
I honestly have no idea what she'll do when the kids are 18 and she gets no support from him.
I spend two weeks a month apart from him, I don't need any more time separated just because he has to drive almost 2 hrs to get to her house.. I told him he can pick them up from school on fridays when he's home but she really needs to meet him halfway on sundays, he shouldn't be doing all the driving although I'm sure she'll want him to pay for gas .

August 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Oh no of course, I assumed he wouldn't I just meant why on earth would she even entertain the idea that he'd want to hang out with her lol.

August 31st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
because she's CRAZY lol, a few months ago she left him a voicemail and said "love you" at the end.. we've been together over 5 years and she still doesn't get it.
she really has it in her head that if it wasn't for me they'd be together and a happy family, even though they broke up at least once every two months and fought all the time long before DH and I met.. they had been broke up for almost 5 months before I even met him. I just stopped the re accuring cycle of him taking her back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search