New here, wanted to say Hi!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to stop in, say Hi, and introduce myself.
I'm 35 and have a Brady bunch type family! My husband and I have been married for 8 years, together for 11. Sometimes he's my very best friend, other times I want to strangle him!! Between the two of us we have 5 kids. Our tribe consists of 15 yr old boy(his), 14 yr old boy(mine), 12 yr old girl(mine), 9 yr old girl(ours), and 7 yr old girl(ours). My stepson lives with his mom about 3 hours away. My husband and his ex have a fairly good relationship and she and I get along really well. She's been married since my stepson was less than 2 yrs old and has a daughter with her husband. We have a very drama free relationship with them and I am very thankful for that. There's no scheduled visitation set up but stepson usually comes every other weekend, extended times during school breaks, and rotating some holidays. My husband and his ex have done a pretty good job at working their visitation out, there's been bumps along the way but it could have been far worse! My stepson and I have a fairly good relationship, he sees me more as a friend than a parent and I'm fine with that.
My older two see very little of their bio dad, maybe once or twice a year, they do talk and text often and in my kids' eyes their dad can do no wrong. My ex and I get along just fine, I do what I can to keep him involved and up to date on the kids' lives. He lives about 4 hours away. My husband does not like that I don't have any anger or hatred for my ex and his absence, my thought is that life is too short for that and fighting with my ex wouldn't accomplish anything...
Anyways, having a blended family is probably the hardest thing I have ever done and can be almost a constant struggle. So I am very glad to have found a place to go where I can vent, get some unbiased advice when I need it, and offer advice to others as well!
JoAnna
December 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Hi and welcome.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
December 31st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi! and welcome!

January 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
January 1st, 2014, 11:22 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome

I'm Jennifer. I've been married to my DH for a year this March (OMG ALREADY?!) and we have my 9 year old stepson full time, except for 3 hours every Saturday.
January 12th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Hi! I'm new here too. My name is Kat and we have 4 kids between us. I have a 14yr old daughter and a 5yrold son, he has 2 from his first marriage, a 14yr old daughter and a 10 yr old son. His daughter lives with us full time (issues with her mom and her bf), and his son still does a week on and week off with their mom. My kids are with me full time, always have been. They have different fathers and neither are involved. (certainly knew how to pick them lol )
Nice to meet you!
BM2SM2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search