Overly compliant divorced dads

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell me I'm not married to the only man who willingly agrees to do whatever to make his kid happy? Even if it's not a good plan?

So . . . DSS (who is 10) is here for 4-5 weeks. DH has one of those weeks off. I am expected (well, I sort of agreed) to watch DSS while DH is at work. DH works 70+ hours a week. Me being pregnant, I have at least 3 doctors appointments this month (and can't bring DSS).

I thought DH should take the kid to camp (DH is in the army and there's a camp on post) but DSS told DH he doesn't really want to, but didn't elaborate, and DH isn't making him, and now DH is all cranky that I want the kid to go to camp. (As he said, "If I'd known you were going to force camp on him I wouldn't have asked him to stay the whole month." Oh PUH-LEASE) First of all, I think it's super important to find out WHY DSS doesn't like camp - DH hasn't done that and doesn't seem to understand the importance of it. DH also suggested I take DSS to DH's work on those days - except my doctors are 1-5 blocks away and DH works way far away (well it's close but in NY traffic would take forever. and DH works 12+ hour days so DSS can't be w/ him all day).

I'm sure I've left out details, but I'm so annoyed. (DH is currently ignoring me because I'm so evil and I want his kid to go to camp for 4 whole days and I won't drop it.)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

August 4th, 2006, 08:52 AM
CrazyFrog
I can understand your point. If it's only for 4 days, then what's the big deal. I would just try to make him see your POV, but if it doesn't work then I don't know what to do.
August 4th, 2006, 04:45 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eh, he finally agreed to a few days a week, but we'd still have to pay for the whole week, so that sucks.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search