Little update

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While driving home from vacation last Saturday, I came across, (thanks to my superior stalking skills,) documentation from the Justice courts that a judgement had been ordered against BM, and she was being evicted. The judgement date was 7/28. Tenants usually have 5 days to vacate.

This morning, her sister in law messaged me to say she had an update. BM's dad had called her to see if they had heard from her, because he hadn't. They said they hadn't either. Apparently she had to be out yesterday, so her dad called her. She kept telling him she had some guy there helping and she was getting moved out but that this guy was becoming irate and had a gun. He told her to call the cops. She didn't so he called himself. The cops apparently followed up with him and said that when they responded to the location there was no one there. She appeared to be sleeping and there was no one there moving or anything. So as of today, if she is still there, she is trespassing on their property and they can call the police to remove her. I wish I knew whether the story about the guy helping her was an elaborate lie, or if she hallucinated the entire situation. It would appear that the drug induced psychosis has set in full force.

I find myself feeling sorry for her. I know that this entire situation is her fault. I know that, addiction or not, she CHOSE to move on to hard drugs. Plenty of alcoholics go through life addicted to alcohol and don't move on to Meth and Heroin. You can't convince me that her addiction MADE her use hard drugs. But at the same time, she is a person. She is a person, that due to a series of unfortunate events, caused by her or not, is in a deeper hole than she has ever been before. She has no support from her family, rightfully so. She has nowhere to live, unless it's on someone's couch. She has nothing. I'm so tired of all this back and forth stuff. I really think her life depends on the next week or so. She either needs to decide to get her act together, or she needs to get arrested. How can anyone be okay living like this?
August 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Super Mommy
She is a train wreck. She unfortunately sounds like she will never get her act together. Thankfully you are there to help Owen see what a true mother should be!
August 8th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisey View Post
She is a train wreck. She unfortunately sounds like she will never get her act together. Thankfully you are there to help Owen see what a true mother should be!
Thanks, It's just hard. He had his first day of school Wednesday and didn't even get to share that memory with her. We literally have not heard a word since her text full of empty promises.

How can someone willingly miss this face after a great first day??

August 10th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He's adorable and looks so happy! Keep focusing on the present and the future.

It's sad that O and Lucy each have a bio parent that can't get their act together for them. But in the end they both have 2 parents that love them and that's all that matters. You are O's real mom just like dh is Lucy's real dad. They are both lucky kids in the end.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 10th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
He's adorable and looks so happy! Keep focusing on the present and the future.

It's sad that O and Lucy each have a bio parent that can't get their act together for them. But in the end they both have 2 parents that love them and that's all that matters. You are O's real mom just like dh is Lucy's real dad. They are both lucky kids in the end.

I agree with that. Some kids have absent moms or dads and the void isn't filled by someone else. Owen knows how loved he is and that I would do anything for him. It's unfortunate, yes, that he doesn't have that same support from her. But at the end of the day, kids are resilient, and they adjust. The same way that my grandma used to say it was sad that Owen had parents that weren't married because how non normal that made his life. I always argued with her that he never knew his parents together, so going back and forth WAS normal for him. Normal is relative, and he never knew them together. The same way when he looks back, he likely won't remember his mom ever being a big support for him, but he will ALWAYS remember the support and unconditional love I have for him. And maybe that's enough for him.

I'd like them to have a relationship. I'd like them to be friends. But at this point, call me selfish, I'd be completely fine if she never showed up again. He's doing really well without her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search