**Roll Call**

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2006, 08:59 AM
CrazyFrog
Since I'm fairly new and the new co-host, I'd like to get to know you all better.
Name:
Children's (including step children's) names and ages:
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with.
What are the perks of being a blended family?
What are the disadvantages?
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )?
August 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM
CrazyFrog
Name: Jerinda
Significant other's name: Mike
Children's (including step children's) names and ages: Avery (4) and baby Nina or Quinn due 2-1-07
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with. I am divorced from Avery's father. Mike and I have been living together for over a year now and are now expecting a baby together, Mike's first.
What are the perks of being a blended family? Until the baby comes, it's nice that every other weekend we get to just be a couple without a child around. It's good that Avery has a whole slew of people that love him emmensely.
What are the disadvantages? Avery comes home from his dad's as a brat because he gets away with anything there. It sucks having to send him away all the time.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? Widely Spaced Siblings and January 2007 DDC (both links are in my sig if you want to stop in).
August 14th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: sandy
Children's (including step children's) names and ages:dylan(my son) almost 2 months and madison 7 years old
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with.
What are the disadvantages? dealing with the ex and her own kids
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? teen pregnancy ( i love the girls there)

August 14th, 2006, 06:04 PM
TGunn8232's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Tisha
Significant other's name: Jay
Children's (including step children's) names and ages: dd Kaylie (7 months) dss JayJay (4)
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with. Jay has been divorced for about 2 1/2 years.
What are the perks of being a blended family? We have alone time to concentrate on us and our daughter while his son is not around.
What are the disadvantages? The lack of respect I get from his ex-wives family and his son.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? January 2006 Playroom and the Southern Mommies Board!
August 16th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Rachel
Significant other's name: Linus
Children's (including step children's) names and ages: Olivia 19yrs, Osiah 12yrs, Odelia 17months, baby on the way.
What are the disadvantages?
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? breastfeeding.
August 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM
mudholemama
Name: Christine aka mudholemama

Significant other's name: Daddy...JK! Nathan

Children's (including step children's) names and ages:
DSD Jayla 6, DS Isaac 18 months, DD Clare 3 weeks

Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with:
I've known Jayla since she was 1 and fell in love with her from day one...we see her once a month
for a weekend...and I'm knocking on wood when I say that we have been blessed to not have DRAMA
with her mom. We did at the beginning but now everything is just peaches!

What are the perks of being a blended family? Jayla...having her in my life is WONDERFUL!

What are the disadvantages? Having to say goodbye when we bring her back home...

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? Catholic Parenting--I'm co-host!
August 23rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
sweetbabyt's Avatar Veteran
Name: Tara

Significant other's name: Adrian

Children's (including step children's) names and ages: Aaron-6,Tyler-1 1/2 (those two are my step sons to be, and both have different mothers),Hailey-2 months

Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with. well we get Aaron every other weekend and I love spending time with him. He's a HUGE help with Hailey as well. A little rough sometimes, but he's just being a normal 6 year old kid Now Tyler (or ty-ty) lives 2 states away and I've never been around him, but love him the same. I get along great w/ the 6 year olds mother, maybe b/c I've met her and know her in person. Tylers mother on the other hand, isn't very fond of me for whatever reason.

What are the perks of being a blended family?I LOVE huge families. My dad was 1 of 5 kids, and of course that side of my family is huge, including step and half cousins... Plus I love kids, and it doesn't matter if they are mine or not, when their daddy and I get married, he'll still be loved just the same

What are the disadvantages? the dealing w/ the boys's moms.. I understand sometimes they are just watching out for their own child, as any parent would. But for someone to not like me and judge me before even meeting me, is beyond what I consider childish

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course). June 06 play room

September 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM
kristic0776's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristic0776
Name: Kristi Conklin
Significant other's name: Charles
Children's (including step children's) names and ages:Amber (12), Nicholas (5), Gabriel (2)
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with. We have full custody of Amber and have since July 1998
What are the perks of being a blended family?Live in babysitter LOL seriously, it's never dull
What are the disadvantages? dealing with the ex and her rollercoaster relationship with Amber. She comes and goes whenever she wants.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? I am a member of March 2007 DDC, moms of boys, and LDS Parenting (and I like them all the same)

September 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
~* LiSa *~
Name: Lisa
Significant other's name: Richard
Children's (including step children's) names and ages: My three daughters are: Alicia (10), Ariana (7) and Alyssa (4). My stepchildren are: Elicia (7) and Adrian (4)
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with: My husband and I began dating in 2003, married in 2005. All three of my daughters live with us 100% of the time, with the exception of my eldest, who visits her father every other weekend. On the weekends my eldest goes with her father, my two stepchildren go with their mother. My two remaining children go to my parents house for the weekend and they all return Sunday evenings at 8pm. My stepchildren live with us 56% of the time.
What are the perks of being a blended family? For myself and my husband, I'd say the perks are that we get to have time alone every other weekend. Perks for the children would be they have more people to love them and spoil them!
What are the disadvantages? Disadvantages are missing each other, as well as occassional disagreements with the other parents. Learning to communicate and learning to co-parent definately takes time!
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course biggrin.gif ): I am brand new to JM, so I really couldn't say just yet!
September 11th, 2006, 11:42 PM
sstuver's Avatar Veteran
September 13th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Alison
Significant other's name: Dominic
Children's (including step children's) names and ages: DD Elsa (2.5) DSS Justyn (10), DSS Ethan (4), and DSD Caidence (2.5)
Share as much or as little about your blended family situation as you feel comfortable with: I never saw myself dating someone with kids, so I find it funny that I ended up falling in love with someone with 3(!!) and also falling in love with those 3. My DD lives with us all the time, his oldest son from a previous relationsship is with us 50% of the time, and his two youngest from a previous marriage are with us 50% of the time.
What are the perks of being a blended family? I always wanted a big family, and it's also been wonderful for my DD since his daughter is the same age. And I get a big family without actually giving birth to all of them. And now that I have a bond with them, I always look forward to them being here and miss them like crazy when they're not here.
What are the disadvantages? dealing with his ex wife and mother of his two youngest kids. She's difficult to deal with, and the discipline at her home doesn't exist, so it's very hard to kind of re-program the kids into following directions and rules. I know it's even harder on them, since they must feel so frustrated by that.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? pre-schooler

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search